• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 kscheuring OFFLINE  

kscheuring

• Member No: 4159
  • 4 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 12:50 AM

Here is the link to the video I posted on YouTube. Hopefully some kind guru out there can listen to it and give me a hint as to what to do next. I have the high speed screw turned out 2 turns just like it says in the manual. Here's a kicker for you. When I first started it up cold, and it was a little chilly down south here today, it ran great for about 3 minutes and then it started acting up. It does it with and without the air filter on but the air filter is brand new so that shouldn't be the problem. I hope there's somebody smarter than me out there that can help me get this fixed once and for all. I've got work to do around here! :D  

Edited by kscheuring, January 15, 2015 - 12:53 AM.

#17 FilledTires OFFLINE  

FilledTires
  • Member No: 48125
  • 224 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 04:30 PM

Make sure you have the correct fuel filter. For a gravity feed fuel system, you can't have too fine of a filter or else it will slow fuel delivery. Try running your fuel line from your tank directly to the carb. bypassing the fuel pump and fuel filter. You may need to remove the tank and elevate it more above the engine.

If your engine runs fine like that, you will know it's one of 2 things: Fuel Pump or Fuel Filter.

I have seen many Mechanical Fuel Pumps Fail in my restorations.

• kscheuring said thank you

#18 kscheuring OFFLINE  

kscheuring

• Member No: 4159
  • 4 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 12:04 AM

Well, it's been awhile but I now know what is wrong. The engine had to be rebuilt as it didn't have enough compression. I haven't gotten it back from the shop yet, but they tell me it has all the power I could ask for and then some. Happy me. Be glad to get it back so I can put it back to work, and finish restoring it. A BIG thank you to everyone who responded to me and helped point me in the right direction. You guys ROCK! :rocker2:

• MH81 and lyall have said thanks

#19 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 15, 2015 - 06:38 AM

Glad to hear its a runner again, sorry to hear you had to do so much to it.
If I were you, I might complain to the MFG, it's ONLY 50 years old... What the heck? :smilewink:
Will be looking forward to seeing pics of it being driven around and working.