41 replies to this topic

#31 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 06:07 AM

Well, I've been thinking a lot about that and so I been Secretly Retooling My Fleet to keep the CO$T of Lawn Care Down.
Here's a sneak Preview...The one with the Mower Deck is my Heavy Duty Commercial Utility Mower, The one with the Baskets doubles as my New Pickup Truck!!!!!!!!
Just wonder If the Savings on Gas will Balance out with the COST of Preporation H and and Ben Gay ? I Doubt it!

:bigrofl:

#32 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,301 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 07:47 AM

Life goes on. We are paying $8.55 for a US gallon over here if my maths is right. (£1.35 per litre).

We have a big problem with fuel theft.

Mjay, wow. That's enough to keep me from turning the key! Here in the US we have about $0.45 per gal in federal tax for the road... Do you have some additional taxes that bring that number up some?

#33 RailmanB110 OFFLINE  

RailmanB110

• Member No: 1725
  • 21 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:12 AM

edit...missed the lb/$ rate diff. What's the exchange rate these days?

#34 mjay OFFLINE  

mjay

• Member No: 1209
  • 6 Thanks
  • 65 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Actually I was wrong. This morning I paid £1.38/litre and there is about 3.79l to the us gallon, making it $8.50/gal. (I did the £ to $ in google). It costs me $130 to fill up my truck and $224 to fill up my tractor!!

Alot is tax, and we also get charged 20% VAT on top of that on everything non-essential (fuel for cars is included).

That said, its my choice to drive such a large vehicle, so I'm not complaining too loudly!

#35 Tinkerer OFFLINE  

Tinkerer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 259
  • 18 Thanks
  • 200 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 01:03 PM

No change for me. I will mow at least once a week to keep it looking neat and clean.

#36 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 01:19 PM

Actually I was wrong. This morning I paid £1.38/litre and there is about 3.79l to the us gallon, making it $8.50/gal. (I did the £ to $ in google). It costs me $130 to fill up my truck and $224 to fill up my tractor!!

Alot is tax, and we also get charged 20% VAT on top of that on everything non-essential (fuel for cars is included).

That said, its my choice to drive such a large vehicle, so I'm not complaining too loudly!

You sure have some high taxes over the pond Jim! Good to see you posting here!

#37 legintrebor OFFLINE  

legintrebor

• Member No: 2029
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 04:36 PM

The VAT (Value Added Tax) is in fact a tax on a tax. Only in Britain would you get away with a scam like that. I would say that greater than 50% of the cost of a litre of fuel is going into the Goverment coffers.
Have to come up with an engine that runs on logs, but I'll keep that one to myself or big brother will get on the Tax wagon for that as well.
Diesel is the way to go which is my favourite fuel, due to cost of red diesel and economy of the diesel engine.
There is talk now that with the problems in Gulf region the price at the pump could move towards £2 per litre here in England, unbalievable. That will drive down the amount of motorists on the road (reduce tax revenue) and push up haulage charges. Where will it end?

#38 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 03:24 PM

No matter the price,I will still mow the same , 8 acres give or take.

#39 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 05:14 PM

Maybe we should get sand from the middle east, no grass just sand to play with the toys!:yelclap: But with no oil, we have to stick together, one to push the tractor, one to crank the tractor (need hydro lift) one to steer, we can take turns!:confuse::spanka:

#40 Trump OFFLINE  

Trump

• Member No: 2082
  • 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted March 10, 2011 - 06:50 PM

I will sharpen the blades put it in high range and get 99% in half the time my case 448 has been a great machine

#41 spam OFFLINE  

spam

• Member No: 2482
  • 2 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 06:48 PM

concrete (instead of grass) is looking better and better all the time. Long years and years ago I actually saw one of those old GE Electracs at a small engine/case/ingersaw dealer's place and I knew I should have bought it.

#42 Altaxis OFFLINE  

Altaxis

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3492
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 02:49 PM

The VAT (Value Added Tax) is in fact a tax on a tax. Only in Britain would you get away with a scam like that. I would say that greater than 50% of the cost of a litre of fuel is going into the Goverment coffers.

It's the same in Sweden except the VAT here is 25%...:( With todays prices a gallon would cost aprox 8$ and it was 8.50$ just a couple of weeks ago and aprox 60% of the price is some kind of tax. Here in sweden we don't complain, we just put our fists in our pockets and move on with our life.