• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 11:55 PM

Hi all, have a question about this PK, its a 1614 nmot sure about the model yr I'm thinking 1974 or newer, one of the questions is I see there is a hole in the hood at the gas tank filler was this something from the factory or was this an owner mod? Pics of the tractor if someone know the yr of the tractor  that would be good also.

HPIM0385.JPG HPIM0386.JPG HPIM0387.JPG HPIM0389.JPG

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,582 Thanks
  • 3,897 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 12:14 AM

Someone has cut that hole, its not factory. 

• Alc and MNGB have said thanks

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 08:41 AM

Easy enough to fix.

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 09:55 AM

The front quick hitch mounts started in 1974 and that steering wheel and seat ended in 1977.

Maybe someone installed a taller tank that could be filled without opening the hood.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 10:33 AM

Nicer year, not sure. Serial number on dash or grill stcker?  Plus's are twin trans, seat back, nice steering wheel. The Short hood PK"s had a tank above the engine and it had filler right in front thru hood. The Long hoods, which this seems to be, had tank back inside, in front still, but not exposed. Seems that hole is back a ways from front. any chance it has some short hood grill and parts with a Long hood as final used part? Doesn't look like short hood grill at all tho, so guess I'm wrong. Maybe he had older style tank, not correct one and used it??

• MNGB said thank you

#6 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 02:02 PM

Thank you guys, yea I looked at many yrs of sales lit and kind of had it narrowed down to the mid 70's yea I know about the SN dating now but didn't when I took the pics and after all the searching I got to thinking someone must have cut the hole in for the gas cap probably thought that was easier then opening the hood. This tractor is not too far from me its missing one of the rear wheels and has no engine I keep saying I don't need another tractor or project but it keeps popping back into my mind every so often.

#7 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hi GB,

It looks like its been sitting for a long time.

If it could be bought for the right money it would be either a good project or parts for other ok's.

Chuck

• MNGB said thank you

#8 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yes its been siting for years the good thing is that its been in the shed dry and out of the elements.  If I were to buy it it would definitely be brought back to life its just too good for me to part out just couldn't make myself do it.

#9 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 01:10 AM

What's the hold-up?  Not a crazy price is it?  If reasonable and near me, would be in my truck already! Did you ask if he had the orig engine around still or other parts?  Can put a car/truck wheel on it for now to move around, Chevy trucks 6 bolt same I think.

• MNGB said thank you

#10 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hu gl, the price is more than I wanted to pay but may not be to bad now that I know about the PK's, I now have a spare rear wheel so that's not a problem, he does not have the original engine he had it overhauled and it blew up with in the 1 st hr of usage (something about the shop installed a bearing in wrong) so I sure what happened there got to be words said when he took the engine back to the shop. I was seriously thinking about it when the one I have came up for sale and that's kept me busy for a while. I was worried about finding an engine  that would work in the PK.

#11 Glenn Ayers ONLINE  

Glenn Ayers
  • Member No: 65363
  • 35 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted December 31, 2014 - 05:20 PM

What's the hold-up?  Not a crazy price is it?  If reasonable and near me, would be in my truck already! Did you ask if he had the orig engine around still or other parts?  Can put a car/truck wheel on it for now to move around, Chevy trucks 6 bolt same I think.

Grump ... 6 bolt chevy/jeep/samari wheels won't fit.    6 bolt Farm wagon wheels fit.   Can be bought from Tractor Supply & such..

I scored a set of Chrome "Wagon Spoke" Chevy 6 bolt wheels one time & I thought -  COOL .. I'm gonna have Chrome wheels on my PK ... NOPE.