5 replies to this topic

#1 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 02:44 PM

I went to an Auction last Saturday (13th) that was a small engine repair shop. The owner recently retired after several years, most of the parts he had were for Briggs and Stratton lawn mowers. I went there hoping to score on a K301 Kohler engine but another guy wanted to pay more for it than I did. I did buy a ice cream bucket full of Tecumseh carbs for $2.50 for a co-worker who is looking for them (sorry no pics), along with a bucket full of carb float bowls and primer bulbs and a muffler for a Tecumseh. 000_0009.JPG 000_0009.JPG 000_0011.JPG 100_0162.JPG . I also picked up a plastic storage container for $5 with 3 compartments, key switches, amp gauges, and wire harness' are inside. 100_0169.JPG There are several different key switches, 2-7 prongs coming out the back.100_0166.JPG With the amp gauges there is 1 working Hobbs hour meter (tested this am). I also bought another container for $1 that had a couple of carbs along with some handle mounted control arms for lawn mowers. 100_0167.JPG 100_0168.JPG . Anyone know what this last carb may have fit? The pipe going to the intake is small in diameter, I figured 3-5 hp engine due to the size. The oil bath air cleaner decal was painted over, I couldn't make out any make or model number.

• hamman, boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 03:10 PM

The last one is a small flojet. Fits the Briggs aluminum block engines from late 50s on. Not sure if they used it on the 5 hps or not. they did use it on 2-2 1/2 hp though.

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hour meter? Hmmm! Got me interested!

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 04:14 PM

The second to last one is a small one piece Flo-Jet, it fit the little 2-5 horsepower vertical shaft engines. 

The last one is a small Flo-Jet, the model K.  It was standard on the little model N's, model 5, model 6, and model 8.  Yours is probably a late modle N or number series carb, just going by the air horn.  Not that it really matters.  The early model K air horn was cast with a little clamp that you tighten around the carburetor, where yours is of a lighter material. 

The variation Doug was thinking about had the choke body formed up in a U shape with a welch plug at the end of the carburetor.  That one is very common. 

Ben W.

• DougT said thank you

#5 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 05:09 PM

Amp gauge hmmm . I agree on the briggs carb

#6 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 240 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the info on the 2 carbs! When I get some time I'll get the volt/ohm meter out and see any of the key switches are good.