• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mipago OFFLINE  

Mipago
  • Member No: 62640
  • 18 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hey, this may much about nothing. But, I mounted my snow blower the way I thought it should be before I looked to at a manual. Now I'm not sure. I may be looking at it wrong, but I can't find the same bracket in a manual, and not sure if I am correct. Any one seen this setup. Thanks for any help.

20141221_111255.jpg 20141221_111312.jpg 20141221_111325.jpg

Sorry about the photos flipped. Any help on this would help also.

#2 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have photos of my seven with its snowthrower on it I'll try to find it and repost it it's on the link in the bush hog section somewhere
  • Mipago said thank you

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 02:32 PM

I am no help here. Titus is the man on this one. I have several of the gear boxes for running the snow blower off the motor. Be interested to see how it sets up once you get it figured out. Especially how the gear box sets up and works.

#4 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Posting from my phone so I apologize if the photos come in upside down. If you need more photos let me know .

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• MH81, sacsr and Mipago have said thanks

#5 Mipago OFFLINE  

Mipago
  • 18 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 03:23 PM

Posting from my phone so I apologize if the photos come in upside down. If you need more photos let me know .

Thanks for the photos. What I'm really looking for is the mounting bracket and how it mounts to the lifting arms. Seems my mounting bracket is different than all the ones in the manuals.

Thanks

#6 Mipago OFFLINE  

Mipago
  • 18 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 03:25 PM

I am no help here. Titus is the man on this one. I have several of the gear boxes for running the snow blower off the motor. Be interested to see how it sets up once you get it figured out. Especially how the gear box sets up and works.

Scott, I can't help you. There is no gear box on on my thrower. Sorry..

• sacsr said thank you

#7 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 06:32 PM

Found the topic

http://gardentractor... hog snowblower

• Mipago said thank you

#8 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the photos. What I'm really looking for is the mounting bracket and how it mounts to the lifting arms. Seems my mounting bracket is different than all the ones in the manuals.

Thanks

I will check my manuals to see if there is an early version that has not been uploaded.
  • Mipago said thank you

#9 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 07:41 AM

I have uploaded what I believe is the second version of the manual. In the diagram/parts page you will see the mounts are different. Much like yours, but still not exactly. Does it look like the mounts for the springs were added later? Hope this is of some help!

Scott

http://gardentractor...ower-version-2/

Edited by sacsr, December 22, 2014 - 09:45 AM.

• MH81 and Mipago have said thanks

#10 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 09:47 AM

Found these bulletins. Answers my question about the springs and mounts....may help you in installing your thrower on the tractor.

Attached File  BushHogSnowThrowerBulletin25 65.pdf   34.48KB   60 downloadsAttached File  BushHogSnowThrowerBulletin27 65.pdf   89.48KB   72 downloads

• Bolens 1000 and Mipago have said thanks

#11 Mipago OFFLINE  

Mipago
  • 18 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Found these bulletins. Answers my question about the springs and mounts....may help you in installing your thrower on the tractor.

attachicon.gifBushHogSnowThrowerBulletin25 65.pdfattachicon.gifBushHogSnowThrowerBulletin27 65.pdf

Scott, you are a wealth of information. Thank you. You have answered all my questions. I did have it connected correctly, imagine that. The reason for my question, besides not being able to find a diagram is that it is a two hand operation to lift the thrower up, at least for me. I didn't want to cause any damage if I had it hooked up wrong. The thrower works fine, at least with out snow.

I do have on more question on the S-613 V-belt clutch. The clutch I have, part S-618 is broken. I did take a section of Sch.80 pipe and welded two pins to. Works OK for now. Am looking for an original part, if they there are any around.

Thanks again. and Merry Christmas and Happy new Year  to you and yours.

Mike

• sacsr said thank you

#12 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 10:46 AM

Mike,

Glad I could be of help. I was fortunate to have met a super nice man many years ago, who allowed me to become the caretaker of the manuals. These manuals have allowed me to share/provide a lot of information about these tractors. I continue to upload manuals as I have the time. At this point most of the manuals have been uploaded.

I am not aware of any available parts for that particular clutch. It was only used on the early models. I have maybe one of those clutches in my possession. 99% sure you could use the later model clutch, which was an improvement, but still had some issues from what I have been told by a dealer friend of mine. Daniel may can share more information on these clutches.

As far as lifting the thrower. Bush Hog did offer a spring assist kit for these tractors to help with the lifting of the rear implements. I would think it would help in lifting the front snow plow as well. I do have one or two of the kits (maybe shop worn or used) on my shelves some where. I may be willing to sell a kit if you decide it would be of help to you. Also does your tractor have the factory spring assist on the left hand side of the rear hitch?? The early models most likely did not have this assist spring on them. I believe it came later on in the improvement of the models.

The pdf below is for the spring assist option that could be purchased to aid the existing spring assist lift mounted on the left hand side of the tractor.

Attached File  Bush Hog Implement Lift Spring Assist.pdf   57.09KB   44 downloads

Merry Christmas!

Scott

Edited by sacsr, December 22, 2014 - 10:48 AM.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand and Mipago have said thanks

#13 Mipago OFFLINE  

Mipago
  • 18 Thanks
  • 15 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Scott, Thanks again. I don't have a factory spring assist an the lift. I would be interested in getting a lift kit from you. I'll get with you after the first of the year when things calm down around here to get info on how and when.

Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snow thrower, bush hog