• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • Member No: 53752
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well, I got her home boys! and man am I happy!  

Thanks to all the wheel horse guys on here I was more than convinced to get this new tractor and Im very glad I did. What a cool and well built machine. Hopefully you guys can help me abit along the way to get her running and find the right snow plow for it. 

Thanks so much for talking some sense into me! 

Heres some pics 

1056-1.jpg1056-2.jpg1056-3.jpg1056-4.jpg1056-5.jpg

• boyscout862, HANKG, GlenPettit and 5 others have said thanks

#2 GlenPettit OFFLINE  

GlenPettit
  • Member No: 34353
  • 520 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 08:08 PM

Nice looking machine, everything looks there and complete.

I believe you need a "short Frame' snowplow, they all look about the same,

just about 6" less difference in the "A-frames", the snowplow also needs a

rear axle attachment.  (all plows from '73 on are long frame, but some have

an extra hole in them near the rear, so they are dual-use).  

Should be lots of them in your general area.

All your tractor and implement manuals & schematics are available as free downloads.

Plow004.jpg   long frame plows

xx

Edited by GlenPettit, December 20, 2014 - 08:09 PM.

• boyscout862 and ACB112Guy have said thanks

#3 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 09:59 PM

well ? you've had it for a few hours now, how come theres only one in the picture. you may be questioning this comment but others know what im talking about and are chuckling right now, you don't have any idea what you have just done to yourself. ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!  wheel horses rule

• ACB112Guy said thank you

#4 Doxey OFFLINE  

Doxey
  • Member No: 48959
  • 122 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 10:30 PM

well ? you've had it for a few hours now, how come theres only one in the picture. you may be questioning this comment but others know what im talking about and are chuckling right now, you don't have any idea what you have just done to yourself. ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!  wheel horses rule

I know what you mean.  I started with one mower, then I discovered Craigslist, now I have 18.  Only one wheelhorse though.

#5 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • Member No: 53752
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 11:07 PM

haha well farmer john, i can tell you this. this is my third GT since i started collecting 13 months ago. two Allis Chalmers B112s and now this Wheel Horse. Im already planning the 4th, which will be a wheel horse now because it just wouldnt be right to let this nice machine above be the only wheel horse in the bunch. so the 4th is already being scouted! haha 

first im trying to find a short frame plow tho for this one. lots of long frame plows out there it seems. 

• jerseyhawg / glenn said thank you

#6 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,889 Thanks
  • 2,794 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 11:52 PM

Nice pony ! best of luck with it. Hank

• ACB112Guy and jerseyhawg / glenn have said thanks

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 02:33 AM

Not sure on your earlier model, but thought the only real diff on "frame" size was to be able to clear the front tires when turning the blade at angle. SO, would think a long frame would fit also?  Maybe the lift link would be in wrong area and not line up, not sure? Some had links, many just had chains or people just changed to a chain for the lift link. That doesn't allow downpressure, but not sure that is a big deal most times. If you buy a blade, make sure you get the bracket that bolts onto axle housings on each side of the rear gear case. All one piece, but connects to each side with bolts and flat-stock. Sometimes the lift and turn lever or linkage rods are also gone or need repair, look carefully.  Might be best to get a few manuals on the blade first.

#8 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,786 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 09:03 AM

Nice find. Notice that it has a better looking grill than the later ones. I have a 68 Raider 9 that I bought in 1981. and have spent 1000+ hours on it( I wore out a Kohler engine).

You can download the tractor and engine manuals from our Manuals Section. Drain the water from the bottom of the transaxle. Do the engine trouble shooting and get it running. Good Luck, Rick

#9 WH1055 OFFLINE  

WH1055
  • Member No: 10981
  • 26 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 10:42 AM

It is my understanding that the 1056 in a long frame tractor, while the 1055 and possibly the 1054 and 1045 were the only short frame big block tractors. I think you will need the long frame blade. However the long frame blade will work on either. You just have to move the rear hookup bar forward to the next set of holes on the blade frame for the short frame tractor. My 1057 is a long frame and I have a snow blower on it. I have a Commando 8 (short frame tractor) with the long frame plow on it. 

Luck to ya.

Larry

Edited by WH1055, December 22, 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#10 jerseyhawg / glenn ONLINE  

jerseyhawg / glenn
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62978
  • 232 Thanks
  • 133 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Wow,,,nice machine. Straight tins, nice patina. And the crowd yells,,,,,SCORE, thanks for the pics and best of luck.

Glenn