4 replies to this topic

#1 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted December 19, 2014 - 11:14 AM

Is there any kind of seal under the dipstick tube on a Kohler K301? Mine is loose where it goes into the block. It doesn't pull out of the block when I pull the dipstick out, so it's not that loose, It just has some play where it goes into the block. Is this normal? The engine is in a Cub Cadet 123 (but I don't think it's the original engine that came in it). Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_3487.JPG

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted December 19, 2014 - 12:09 PM

I think that is pretty much the norm on them. I've had a couple with the cam cover dipstick and they were a little on the wobbly side but never leaked so I never gave it to much thought.

• Gabriel said thank you

#3 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted December 19, 2014 - 09:31 PM

Thanks. I mainly wanted to make sure I wouldn't be letting dust in, though I wouldn't want it to leak a bunch of oil either.

#4 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 06:58 AM

Is there any kind of seal under the dipstick tube on a Kohler K301? Mine is loose where it goes into the block. It doesn't pull out of the block when I pull the dipstick out, so it's not that loose, It just has some play where it goes into the block. Is this normal? The engine is in a Cub Cadet 123 (but I don't think it's the original engine that came in it). Thanks.

You are right about your power plant change. Obviously someone ground on the frame rail to allow room for the cam/dip stick cover. Should be a tube/dip stick on the other side of the block next to the cylinder near your gen/start. But hey...keep workin "ol yeller" blowing "Kohler smoke"!!!

• Gabriel said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hmm! New one to me. OUT the cam cover?? Never saw one before. AND, where is the fuel pump? Now gravity feed fuel? One's I have seen have the long tubes out other side or just in the oil base pans of diff configs. Bet one of these would be very hard to find IF you really needed one!

• Gabriel said thank you