• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,665 Thanks
  • 28,317 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 12:08 AM

Hope you find the tires you need, thanks for joining up.

#17 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,522 Thanks
  • 3,067 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 01:21 AM

Welcome Robert, there is a great sense of family here, all willing to help or tease, which ever seems appropriate at the time, lol.

#18 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 08:37 AM

Welcome. I wouldn't worry to much about the size being dead on.All 4 x 4  tractors are set up so that the front's turn a little faster then the rears. Its done [made] this way so that when the 4 x 4 is engaged the front is actually dragging the rear. If the rear was always pushing the tractor in 4 x 4 mod it would be very hard to control and steer ,you wouldn't want the front to always be sliding when your trying to turn etc:  The tractor of course is used for working in and on surfaces where the tires  lose traction so this is why the fronts are always turning a bit quicker then the rears.When 4 x 4 isn't needed it's always good to not have it engaged. A truck and car with 4x4 have the tires turning the same speed due the the hard surface's that there running on as well as the the speed that they travel. You can't compare them to a tractor because of there different uses. So as long as the tires are close to what they came with your good to go. Enjoy your tractor and enjoy your retirement . 

#19 Cr555 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 64706
  • 10 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted December 22, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!  I particularly appreciate the advice regarding the tires.  My little B7300 left the factory with 21x8.0-10 turf tires in the front.  M.E. Miller apparently is the only source of the discontinued 21x8.0-10's at $152.85 per tire.  However, Miller has the 20.5x8.0-10's for only $52.85 -- quite a difference!  I'll probably run in 2WD over 95 percent of the time.  So, I'll probably opt for the 20.5's.   I'll post a few photos of my B7300 by and by.  It has spent a lot of its life out in the weather so the paint and decals are a little faded.  But it only has about 200 hours on the clock, and everything feels tight and strong.  The former owner basically just used her to mow the lawn.  I'm hoping this little tractor will be with me for a L-O-N-G time.  I plan to keep her under a pole barn and keep up with all the scheduled maintenance.  So far, I've got a dirt scoop, boom pole, tiller, and box blade in addition to the belly mower.  I'm looking to add a carry all.  Might buy a bush hog some day to tame some of the more onery vegetation on our property (for those who have never lived here, you would not believe how fast brush grows in southern Alabama).  Once again, I appreciate all of the advice and the welcome!  I'll be back soon.