Started out as the frame & wheels of a 10 or 1254, a couple hoods, one from a G14 and rear fender and seat from an older tractor. It was posted on this site as "What is it". Today I drove it out of the garage in 1/2" of snow.
I had the 13 hp Chinese engine and set it in using the original mounting holes. Put a flat iron spacer under the engine to give clearance up front for the recoil start. This engine proved to be deeper parallel with the crank shaft than the Wisconsin or B&S engines. Therefor there is no room for the PTO belts or tension pulley as can be seen in a couple of the photos. Also a standard 4 belt pulley would not work either as it would be to deep and the belts would not line up with the drive shaft pulley. Purchased a cast iron 2 groove A / B pulley as the price was cheaper and free shipping. This pulley presented another problem when it came to putting the new 33" belts on. I used the NAPA green line as they are more durable than the standard FHP black belts. The belts had to be put on the motor pulley with the pulley off the shaft. Then work the pulley back on the crank shaft and line it up.
The clutch was adjusted OK as was the brake. I used the G14 hood as it had some of the side panel cut out already so a little more would not hurt it any. Cut out the panel enough for the hood to clear the air cleaner when opened. To get the back of the hood to rest on the dash I had to move the firewall and dash assembly forward about an inch. The left side of the hood had been heated, stretched and pulled out to allow room for the starter generator pulley & belt prior, I believe but don't know for sure. I had to cut this bulge, then heat it and flatten the side back out again and overlap the cut area. Then brazed it back together, along with a couple other broken spots on the hood. All in all the hood don't look to bad for what it was.
The electric switch was moved to the dash. A new throttle cable was installed as well as the choke cable. Fresh gear oil in the trany and a fill of gas, check the engine oil and it was ready to fire up. Started right off and ran like a new one. Trany shifted great through all gears and ranges. Drove it down to a lower building and put the blade on and back up to the garage. Not enough snow to do anything so took the photos and put it back in the garage.
I did make one pass up the drive and back and noticed the blade is lower on the right side. It carries on the right shoe but the left one is about an inch off the ground. Going to have to do some checking and see where it may be twisted at. Have one front tire that is leaving a green spot in the snow each time it goes around so guess the slime is not holding on it as yet. will have to work on that and probably replace it. Going to run the old tires as long as they will stay up. Will wait for Dennis Kirk to have a sale on them.
Was an interesting project to work on and I learned a lot working on it. Will know a lot more things to watch for if/when I do another re-power project.