Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This doesn't beat the $40K A.J. Foyt listing, BUT ...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 09:49 AM

Generally, a person would have to pay good money to get this kind of entertainment. Not only do we get it for FREE we get to interact with it and have MORE FUN.

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:beer: :shoot2: :poke:

• Jack, Sawdust and chieffan have said thanks

#62 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 11:09 AM

Generally, a person would have to pay good money to get this kind of entertainment. Not only do we get it for FREE we get to interact with it and have MORE FUN.
:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
:beer: :shoot2: :poke:

That's right, this has been seen by all you guys in the States and now it gone viral (poor choice of word in my enfeebled frame of health at the moment) in the UK. The Power of GTTALK strikes again!
  • Sawdust, MyBolens1053 and chieffan have said thanks

#63 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 12:04 PM

I don't think it's the 'wolf'. It's more like he went hog wild on buying estate junk and got himself in DEEP and thinks people will pay his imaginary worth to what he spent. And that he needs to live on his NOW NEW job ... an ebay seller.

That is the "Wolf" I was referring to.  Overspent for his estate stuff and now has living expense and no sales or cash to cover them.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#64 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 12:20 PM

That is the "Wolf" I was referring to.  Overspent for his estate stuff and now has living expense and no sales or cash to cover them.

I was thinking the 'other' wolf ... his Crack Dealer.  :shoot2: :shoot2: :poke: :poke:

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#65 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,168 Thanks
  • 4,512 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 05:44 PM

Got to looking around on CL in the PA area and WOW !  You guys are in Bolens heaven out there.  Try looking around in NE or IA in all the major cities and you won't find 1/10 the Bolens stuff in this area.

On another note, out 'friend' has had that tractor listed for 215 days under CL  for Lancaster area at $1500.  couldn't help but poke him a little and got this back: 

HEY PAL, You should purchase yourself musical tune"DREAM ON" and smoke a cigar while tunning into this fine tune like dreamers such as yourself because that's quite simply all you can do is dream about it unless of course you get a job so that you can actually afford a fine piece of machinery here such as mine :))   remember SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! so you can buy this here beauty of mine and no longer squawk about like your doin here :):):):)---------------------oooo

Direct copy & past so spelling was as I got it.  I flagged him - again.

• Bolens 1000, MH81, Macgyver and 3 others have said thanks

#66 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 09:19 PM

This guy is as delusional and as much fun as the guy in Columbus OH a couple of years ago :rolling:

He was trying to sell a really rough 1000 for some crazy amount of money.

I started a thread on it called "It's Rare", and that went on for quite some time with folks adding other crazy ads as well  :D :D :D

• Sawdust and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#67 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 12:41 AM

Got to looking around on CL in the PA area and WOW !  You guys are in Bolens heaven out there.  Try looking around in NE or IA in all the major cities and you won't find 1/10 the Bolens stuff in this area.

On another note, out 'friend' has had that tractor listed for 215 days under CL  for Lancaster area at $1500.  couldn't help but poke him a little and got this back: 

HEY PAL, You should purchase yourself musical tune"DREAM ON" and smoke a cigar while tunning into this fine tune like dreamers such as yourself because that's quite simply all you can do is dream about it unless of course you get a job so that you can actually afford a fine piece of machinery here such as mine :))   remember SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! so you can buy this here beauty of mine and no longer squawk about like your doin here :):):):)---------------------oooo

Direct copy & past so spelling was as I got it.  I flagged him - again.

My God, this reads very similar to the email reply he sent me. Aerosmith's "Dream On" and the cigar, save your money for that "Beauty of mine". This guy is a flippin' BROKEN RECORD.

:bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

Lemme see if I kept his email. If so, I'll post it.

• Jack and Sawdust have said thanks

#68 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 01:34 AM

Email that was sent to me by this idiot.

"if you work really hard maybe some overtime, save up your money, you may become the new owner of this here true treasure and extremely scarce tractor here, or of course you also have the right to continue to dream on........"

My reply: "Wow, I'm shocked that you even replied. Your assumption to my life is entertaining and to call that tractor a true treasure and extremely scarce is absurd.
Let me help you here. This old cahoot has learned one or two tricks in his day. Ever hear of Kelley Blue Book or N.A.D.A.? They list more than cars and trucks. Try them and you may possibly find a real value to sell your tractors, trailer and other motorized objects.
If that doesn't help you can go to your banker and ask what value they would give as collateral for your machines or what amount they would provide for a loan for purchase.
The object of sales is to move merchandise and get that cash flow. Seeing you are new at it (369 on ebay sales when I last checked) take some advice, this isn't some Antique Road Show they show on television.
Maybe you should just stick to Landscaping. Or did that not out too well, either?"

Another email reply from him.

"hello pal, people don't want to pay there bills in landscaping so I stick to smaller sales these days such as antique tractors of sorts, now im dealing with clowns of sorts that want me to back down on my asking prices on things from toys to tractors, its the freakin way of life today nobody wants to pay there bills anymore. Why do you think the banks tightened up 7 years ago? nobody wanted to pay them either. Im giving you a 1 on 1 lesson in economics 2014 style. Im waiting for them to open there wallets again someday, I may actually strip this tractor and begin selling part for part if someone does not come up with a fair offer simply said my bolens 1225 is the only complete one of its king on ebay, you wont find another like anywhere that I know about like I said in the ad its scarce unless you can direct me to a pile of them."

Again, I replied :
"
More in line to the shape yours is in. At $200.

http://atlanta.craig...4804317272.html"

And then another reply from ole Bozo:

"dream on....................pal this is ebay here not dreambay.
you may want to buy an aerosmith album titled "DREAM ON" as were gonna part this tractor out real soon unless some money comes along to buy it whole"

So there you have it. Failed landscaper (that doesn't know how to collect what he is owed, according to him) turned 'antique' dealer. Hahahahaha.
  • Bolens 1000, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#69 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 06:24 AM

I like how that dufuss keeps talking about it's "the only complete one of its king on ebay" as if something isn't on eBay it doesn't exist :rolling:

• Sawdust and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#70 HJR OFFLINE  

HJR
  • Member No: 66194
  • 41 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted March 08, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Well guys I have been having fun with this guy myself.  Here are the questions I have asked him about his ebay auction and the goofy answers he gave me.

Me

varietyvintageplace,

The photo looks like this tractor is covered in rust and the seat is rotted off Is that correct or is it just dirty? Are the tires dry rotted? When did it last run?
Thanks...

His reply

your almost correct you cannot find 2 of these tractors together/complete like this one here one ebay, I could part it out and make twice what im asking and we may do that starting next year, so strike while the irons hot my friend because change may be coming to this listing soon. I refuse to put up with the haggling and complaining as this is a restoration project here, but all the parts are here, you don't have to look for any parts!!!!!!

Me
You did not even come close to answering any of the questions I asked you. Good luck selling your rusty old tractor. I think I will pass. Thank you for your prompt but useless reply.

His reply
if you save up your money maybe you can buy this fine tractor before I take it apart piece by piece and sell each part for big money, or if you cannot afford it I can clearly understand that as well

Me
I can not afford such a fine machine. One can only dream.

His reply
DREAMERS are the only kind of buyers who want to heckle me!!!! ?????

Me
I just wanted to ask you about the condition of your tractor. But you have shown me you are not capable of answering a couple simple questions about the item. As you appear to know nothing about it. My guess is that you don't even own the item and that you sir are a scammer. I have no need for sellers like you.

That was the end of our conversation.

Oh wow, this guy's elevator is stuck in the basement.... :bounce:

• Jack said thank you

#71 HJR OFFLINE  

HJR
  • Member No: 66194
  • 41 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 08:28 AM

LOL, I couldn't resist:

Me:

Just a heads up, you made a typo in your ad, there's one too many "0"s on the price.

You're welcome!

http://lancaster.cra...4923134421.html

His reply:

no typo my friend, its just that you need a history lesson on antique equiptment and you must go back to school and learn how to read as well....cheers to you:)   you are in luck there are plenty of nite schools that would gladly welcome you with open arms.....oh and save up your money so someday you can afford a true classic such as mine here!   its ok also if you wish to dream like most of the buyers out there today....

:rolling:

#72 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 04:01 PM

The saga continues!

Its on ebay again but with a new ebay user ID!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a5598131b

• boyscout862 and Paulgo have said thanks

#73 Diesel1050 ONLINE  

Diesel1050

Diesel Nut!

• Member No: 69580
  • 348 Thanks
  • 396 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 04:10 PM

What the heck! That dude is nuts!

Edited by Diesel1050, September 03, 2015 - 07:25 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#74 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 04:28 PM

Damn he is still trying to sell that thing . Some guys never give up
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#75 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 05:34 PM

This Is great! I missed this whole thread somehow, but just checked it out. I wont call the machine junk, because to me Bolens aren't junk. I'll just call it way over priced by a jackass seller. I like how he calls everyone insulting him and his overpriced Bolens a "Buyer". They aren't buyers! They are people well educated in Bolens equipment trying to make you wake up from the La La land you live in so you price your tractor properly. Then instead of answering condition questions, he likes to tell everyone to work over time so they could afford that nice rare antique tractor. Maybe If he worked a normal job himself, and did alittle overtime after work at home like most of us do fixing up our tractors, the Bolens he has would be totally restored by now, or atleast running!?!? Or maybe taken apart so he could of parted it out like he kept threatening to do. He could of made thousands of dollars parting it out you know!! Oh well, My guess is this guy doesn't even know how to turn a wrench, or how to get it running, or even how to take medication for his Brain issues ! Stupidity at its best, All we can hope for is that he doesn't have children that he's teaching all this B.S. too, because the world doesn't need anymore scammers in it. Sorry, rant over.

Edited by fonz3482, September 03, 2015 - 05:57 PM.

• boyscout862 and Paulgo have said thanks