Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This doesn't beat the $40K A.J. Foyt listing, BUT ...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hey they never said the garage had a roof on it
  • MyBolens1053 said thank you

#47 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 05:06 PM

In the last email I sent him I told him to quit beating around the bush and tell me what brand that sander was if it was made in the USA.  following is the reply I got back:

fyi, this ludell was made in Taiwan not china for the atlas hardware company in the usa, maybe 1960-1970s era. Taiwan at that time was the finest manufacture in the Asian area at that time and very comparable to usa manufacturing. My apologize

Gosh !  He swallowed a sugar cube. ! !

• MH81 and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#48 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 05:08 PM

I wonder if he and the guy who thinks Ford Motor company made Bolens are related?

• Sawdust and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#49 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 05:37 PM

I loose a lot of respect for those who start screaming about reporting buyers (and sellers) to eBay.  I have had to do that once to a buyer and once to a seller on eBay.  The seller ended up being an honest guy caught in a bad place at a bad time, while the buyer was a complete loser who hoped to buy stuff, report it as "not as described", ask for a refund, not the ship the item back, then resell it for what I was selling it for in the first place.  I did my darn sure best to whack that scammer in the snout. 

Otherwise, honest buyers have honest questions, and just asking (for example) how do we know the item was made in the USA might seem trivial to me as a seller but it might be a deal breaker to the buyer.

Ben W.

• boyscout862, Sawdust, MyBolens1053 and 1 other said thanks

#50 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hey they never said the garage had a roof on it

Tim, you are right. And he never mentioned walls, a decent floor, any doors or windows. LOL.

#51 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Maybe with his spellin' and personality, he meant "Grudge"
As in "The guy peeved me off, so I won't give the tractor back and I keep it in my grudge"
  • superaben and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#52 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I wonder if he and the guy who thinks Ford Motor company made Bolens are related?

I had to check that out last night. Our friend from ebay is from Pennsylvannia & our friend from CL is from Louisville, Ky. They could be related they both think alike.

Edited by Sawdust, December 20, 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#53 IHCubGuy ONLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 08:01 PM

The tractor is now relisted with a buy it now price of $1400.00.  What I now find funny is that it is listed as being in Gap PA and the other auction for it was listed as being in Malvern PA.  I mapquested those towns and they are about 30 miles apart from each other.  I bet he is a scammer.

• Sawdust said thank you

#54 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well guys I have been having fun with this guy myself.  Here are the questions I have asked him about his ebay auction and the goofy answers he gave me.

Me

varietyvintageplace,

The photo looks like this tractor is covered in rust and the seat is rotted off Is that correct or is it just dirty? Are the tires dry rotted? When did it last run?
Thanks...

His reply

your almost correct you cannot find 2 of these tractors together/complete like this one here one ebay, I could part it out and make twice what im asking and we may do that starting next year, so strike while the irons hot my friend because change may be coming to this listing soon. I refuse to put up with the haggling and complaining as this is a restoration project here, but all the parts are here, you don't have to look for any parts!!!!!!

Me
You did not even come close to answering any of the questions I asked you. Good luck selling your rusty old tractor. I think I will pass. Thank you for your prompt but useless reply.

His reply
if you save up your money maybe you can buy this fine tractor before I take it apart piece by piece and sell each part for big money, or if you cannot afford it I can clearly understand that as well

Me
I can not afford such a fine machine. One can only dream.

His reply
DREAMERS are the only kind of buyers who want to heckle me!!!! ?????

Me
I just wanted to ask you about the condition of your tractor. But you have shown me you are not capable of answering a couple simple questions about the item. As you appear to know nothing about it. My guess is that you don't even own the item and that you sir are a scammer. I have no need for sellers like you.

That was the end of our conversation.

Edited by Jack, December 20, 2014 - 08:13 PM.

• Bolens 1000, MH81, Macgyver and 4 others have said thanks

#55 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 09:13 PM

For some reason he thinks ebay is the ONLY PLACE people sell stuff to make the claim "you cannot find 2 of these tractors together/complete like this one here one ebay". I pointed him to 2 ads on CL that are exactly opposite to what he claims and he tells me "Dream On". Dude is absolutely whacked.

#56 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 11:16 PM

The sad thing is this tractor needs a good home but not his. My guess is he's had this a long time & obviously at his price he can't sell it.

#57 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 07:44 AM

He probably needs to come up with that amount of money to get a wolf away from the door.  The tractor was the only thing he could come up with close ?? to the amount he needs.  About the same with the 1256 I was looking at.  I made an offer and he refused.  Now it is the owners turn and he won't give me a price.  Sooner part it out than keep it running in service

#58 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 21, 2014 - 10:35 PM

He probably needs to come up with that amount of money to get a wolf away from the door.  The tractor was the only thing he could come up with close ?? to the amount he needs.  About the same with the 1256 I was looking at.  I made an offer and he refused.  Now it is the owners turn and he won't give me a price.  Sooner part it out than keep it running in service

I don't think it's the 'wolf'. It's more like he went hog wild on buying estate junk and got himself in DEEP and thinks people will pay his imaginary worth to what he spent. And that he needs to live on his NOW NEW job ... an ebay seller.

• chieffan said thank you

#59 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 916 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 05:57 AM

I have just been recovering from a bout of fever over the last week and this post cheered me up no end. The man is a total loser.

Thanks for posting

#60 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 08:52 AM

I have just been recovering from a bout of fever over the last week and this post cheered me up no end. The man is a total loser.

Thanks for posting

Glad your feeling better & hoping for a quick recovery. This guy has entertained us all very well.
  • MyBolens1053 and Bolens800uk have said thanks