Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

This doesn't beat the $40K A.J. Foyt listing, BUT ...

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Does anyone ever see Craigslist as the digitized, modern day Sears catalog? LOL. Well, I was flipping through the digital pages of CL and came across this and I really had to share this "GARAGE KEPT" gem.

"Bolens Model 1225, Hydrostatic Riding Tractor with 54" mower deck , 1960s vintage, rare, scarce, item here. the starter generator will need to be rebuilt so this machine can run properly, this machine is garage kept. SERIOUS COLLECTOR INQUIRIES ONLY NO PHONE NO REPLY!"

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/grd/4781342385.html

00000_e7QsFJvIk7p_600x450.jpg

Look at the listing and check the rest of the pics of this "GARAGE KEPT, 1960s vintage, rare, scarce," tractor.

• MH81, hamman, Jack and 1 other said thanks

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:27 AM

garage kept???..errr does the garage have a roof?

• hamman, Jack, pigsitter and 2 others have said thanks

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:36 AM

Some people consider parked between the trees as a garage :D

• wilberj, Gtractor, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#4 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,625 Thanks
  • 2,577 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:40 AM

Auburn, I think he means it is kept by a garage out side. LOL  Must not be a very good roof on that building. Rare, scarce, hard to find?  I think there are more of those around than he thinks. Not a Bolens expert though.                                                                                                                                        Roger.

• Jack and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#5 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:44 AM

I see its an item for "Serious collectors Only". I guess I'm not that serious. But on the plus side it does have the hydraulic lift on it. I bought a 1220 just like it a couple years ago for $100.00

Jack..
  • hamman, boyscout862, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#6 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:47 AM

I see its an item for "Serious collectors Only". I guess I'm not that serious. But on the plus side it does have the hydraulic lift on it. I bought a 1220 just like it a couple years ago for $100.00

Jack..

Does that make this hydro lift value to be $1400?  :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

• Gtractor, hamman and Jack have said thanks

#7 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 12:02 PM

i'm more curious what the red thing with black knobs on it is.... 

also... ummm... 54" deck?

• rustyoldjunk and hamman have said thanks

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,516 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 12:14 PM

i'm more curious what the red thing with black knobs on it is.... 

also... ummm... 54" deck?

To me it looks like an old Troybilt Horse is backed up to it.

• superaben and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#9 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,570 Thanks
  • 3,895 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:09 PM

Its not getting any cheaper.....   I wonder if the seller still talks to dead people?

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

HECK!!!  Its actually getting higher!!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item462e96b080

Edited by Gtractor, December 17, 2014 - 01:17 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#10 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:40 PM

I love the Q&A on his auction lol.

Q:  Due to your use of multiple EBAY User ID's, I have no choice but to block you. I can't help to think you may be truly trying to rip people off, and may be less than completely honest. Nov-28-14

A:  now what are you talking about today? I have 1 Ebay id. Are you horrasing me and saying Im somebody that Im not? are you making false allegations about me? Im not trying to buy anything from you???? it sounds very unusual, I must contact Ebay immediately about you!!!! and your false allegations about me!!!! They will be very interested in knowing more about your false allegations here!!! IM BLOCKING YOU IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

Q:  Hi, from the pictures you show the tractor looks to be in great condition for it's age and well cared for. I do have a couple questions about some stuff that I can tell from looking at the pictures. First is the engine free or seized and if it's free does it have compression? Second what are the tire sizes front and rear? Third what size is the mower deck, 44 inch or 54 inch and are all of the spindles free? Does the tractor roll easily? One last question because it's hard to see in the picture. Is that rust or dirt on the lift cylinder? Thank you for your time. I'm very interested in your tractor. Nov-28-14

A:  Thank You again for your very kind, & honest words regarding my tractor here. I will check the tire size, mower deck size. I believe it to be slight rust on the cylinder but repairable Im sure? I will also check the spindles, but I believe them to be free at this time? This tractor has been garage kept since I owned it for 4 yrs now. Kind Regards, varietyvintageplace

Q:  Is the engine free and not locked up? Do you know if there's Oil in the motor or hydro? I cant see from the pics but is the electronic ignition module still intact and working? Those are impossible to replace and was just wondering if you could give me any info on it before I think about offering any $$ on it, price is kinda high for a non runner in unknown shape IMO. Thanks for your time Nov-28-14

A:  Hello, Thank you for your kind comments on this extreemly scarce , complete bolens 1225 tractor in current non running condition. I believe the last time I looked at the tractor, that the engine is free, oil is in the motor as well as the hydro tank, I am selling this tractor as a complete restorstion project to the serious collector only, so therefore I have done no testing to any part of this tractor and cannot tell you anymore than what you see in the pics about the electronic ignition module, and there may be some slight surface rust on the cylinder as well. I purchased this tractor aprox. 4 yrs ago and the man told me that the tractor did run prior to him having troubles with the starter/generator, and that it needed to be rebuilt and have new brushes installed. Due the mere scarcity of this tractor being almost if not 100 percent complete? Im not really looking to move a whole lot on my price as its been listed now for 6 months and it will be relistwed for as long as it takes for me to get what I feel is fair. Kind Regards, varietyvintageplace

Q:  I have a Bolens H16 & love these tractors. Is this price of $1500.00 what your asking for this or is it $150.00. Let me know. Thanks Nov-28-14

A:  go away pal, or Im reporting you too Ebay, save up your money and maybe someday you can afford this tractor, no hecklers allowed around here only serious buyers who can afford this highly sought after tractor here.

Q:  In your ad for the Bolens, you stated the following: This unit was purchased at an estate sale and the old owner of this unit said that the starter generator needs repair. If you are indeed able to converse with dead people, I was wondering if you are available to hire. My Father (passed in 09) left a large sum of money buried in the yard, and we can't find it. Nov-27-14

A:  can i report you to Ebay now ????? they will more than likely bann you from ebay forever

Especially the guy asking if he meant $150.00, or the other person who was inquiring about the sellers ability to contact the dead lol.

Edited by nglauer, December 17, 2014 - 01:42 PM.

• Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 7 others have said thanks

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 02:37 PM

Being it's so "highly sought after", any idea why it didnt sell the last time at a lower price?
Maybe he will figure it out, maybe not. One thing for sure, it is kinda entertaining to watch. I only hope an uneducated new person doesn't get sucked into the hype.
  • MyBolens1053 said thank you

#12 AfterShock95 OFFLINE  

AfterShock95
  • Member No: 63122
  • 420 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Lol he had that on ebay

#13 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,729 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Was his garage underwater?

• Gtractor, MH81, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#14 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 03:55 PM

Garadge kept since he had it.  so the last 400 years just dont count

#15 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 04:16 PM

That guy is such a moron we should all flag his CL ad and get it deleted before he rips off some poor sap...  :anvil_drop:

• Bill 76 and MyBolens1053 have said thanks