11 replies to this topic

#1 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • Member No: 56857
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 06:57 PM

blower 1.jpg blower 2.jpg

Snowblower works SUPER awesome.  I can't believe how easy the controls on this machine makes clearing snow.  The hydraulic lift and the heel/toe fwd/rev cut my snowblowing time in half compared to using my 32" walk behind.  Also - this machine has INCREDIBLE traction with the weight and chains.  Very impressed....

Edited by fxdb96, December 16, 2014 - 07:01 PM.

• NUTNDUN, Gtractor, jms180 and 10 others have said thanks

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Maybe I should know but what model Jacobsen tractor do you have there? I love blowing snow with our old garden tractors. Makes a chore actually fun.

• KennyP, Delmar and Traill95 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 07:13 PM

Glad it exceeded your expectations!

• Traill95 said thank you

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 07:56 PM

Blowing snow can be fun,so long as everything is working like its supposed to. When its heavy wet and sticky it becomes a chore,especially if you start breaking shear pins and the chute keeps clogging up.At least here in Manitoba that seldom happens.Its usually way to cold for that,our biggest thing is trying to stay warm.LOL

• Traill95 and propane1 have said thanks

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 08:39 PM

When its heavy wet and sticky it becomes a chore,especially if you start breaking shear pins and the chute keeps clogging up.

This is one of the reasons there are no 2 stage blowers or long chutes here. Run into this on other occasions. Trying to feed that slop into the second stage when it is below freezing outside just doesn't seem to work well. A single stage seems to handle it better. Definitely won't throw the snow as far but just about anything will go through them.  

Edited by Cvans, December 16, 2014 - 08:40 PM.

• ChopRod and propane1 have said thanks

#6 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,102 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 08:57 PM

We had water in our snow three weeks ago or so. Four to six inches of the wet heavy snow. Two stage work great in it. Rebuild engine this spring, maybe that's the difference. Even the stuff at the end of the driveway was no problem. LGT 165 ford is the model. Noel
  • Cvans said thank you

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Show off!!!   :smilewink:  All we are doing around here is dodging rain drops. Wish we had some snow to play in.  :(

In all seriousness, tractor and blower look like they are very compatible with each other.  :thumbs: Thanks for sharing.

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 06:42 AM

Maybe I should know but what model Jacobsen tractor do you have there? I love blowing snow with our old garden tractors. Makes a chore actually fun.

It's a Jacobsen GT14.

#9 67ford120 OFFLINE  

67ford120
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 14431
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 02:44 PM

got a ford 120 with the single stage 38" thrower. after painting the chute to have a clean rust free surface, i still turned the air blue with many bad words as the chute kept pluging when i was gently feeding it into the snow. as i can use bad words in 5 languages (i speak fluent "construction") i finally decided if it was useless as a @#%$@& thrower i would use it as a ^#^%& plow, and rammed it into the snow. it blew the plug clear and began throwing snow like it was meant to be. trick i then learned is that you do not baby these things, keep them loaded up and they will work.

as far as wet snow is concerned have not tried this one yet, but do remember an old 2 stage walk behind i had with a 10hp? briggs and straton on it. got into some serious wet stuff with that and the old thing got down on her knees and grunted out a sausage of slush and didnt stop. from northern ontario i still think a 2 stage is superior, however my new 42" walk behind is sitting gathering dust, as this old garden tractor is now too much fun. i just need a beer... i mean coffee heh, heh, holder on it

• KennyP and propane1 have said thanks

#10 fxdb96 OFFLINE  

fxdb96
  • Member No: 56857
  • 118 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 07:14 PM

got a ford 120 with the single stage 38" thrower. after painting the chute to have a clean rust free surface, i still turned the air blue with many bad words as the chute kept pluging when i was gently feeding it into the snow. as i can use bad words in 5 languages (i speak fluent "construction") i finally decided if it was useless as a @#%$@& thrower i would use it as a ^#^%& plow, and rammed it into the snow. it blew the plug clear and began throwing snow like it was meant to be. trick i then learned is that you do not baby these things, keep them loaded up and they will work.

as far as wet snow is concerned have not tried this one yet, but do remember an old 2 stage walk behind i had with a 10hp? briggs and straton on it. got into some serious wet stuff with that and the old thing got down on her knees and grunted out a sausage of slush and didnt stop. from northern ontario i still think a 2 stage is superior, however my new 42" walk behind is sitting gathering dust, as this old garden tractor is now too much fun. i just need a beer... i mean coffee heh, heh, holder on it

BAHAH "sausage of slush" - thats awesome.  I have seen that before too!

#11 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted December 17, 2014 - 11:40 PM

BAHAH "sausage of slush" - thats awesome.  I have seen that before too!

Haven't we all?    :mad2:

#12 FilledTires OFFLINE  

FilledTires
  • Member No: 48125
  • 224 Thanks
  • 192 posts

Posted December 18, 2014 - 06:08 AM

When did you get that much snow near Sebago? I am in Hollis and it's nearly all melted!