#46 Canawler ONLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 12:39 PM

Anyone check lately and see how many tire manufacturers are owned by Americans. Your in for a shock.

Owned? Just Goodyear and Cooper.

Michelin actually has the largest capacity to produce tires in the US, though.

#47 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,501 Thanks
  • 3,386 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Percentage of parts can be misleading, if 30% of parts are foreign in one truck, but they include the stereo speakers, antennae, grill, carpet, etc... While the truck with 15% foreign parts include the engine and transmission, which is more valuable to the American economy?
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#48 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted January 06, 2015 - 09:37 PM

I'll tell you what I want in my next truck none of which my current truck has... (remember... new "to me")  

1. Wing windows

2. Dimmer ON FLOORBOARD instead of turn sig stalk

3. Sealed beam headlights, preferably ROUND....

It would have to come from the south, and would get parked for "salt season" so it stays in "southern" condition as long as possible.

We have gottten back into camping again now that we are close to being "empty nested" as our son is 21 and has a girlfriend hounding him to "move out" (they dont come camping with us, yes they have been invited)

If i get such a truck it will be driven quite regularly in the other 3 seasons,,,, or is it one season (that, being road construction around these parts)

I have a lead on such a truck, right now just waiting on pix from my buddy that told me about it, hope my W2s get here sooner than later and then to talk to my wife....

• Gtractor and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#49 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted January 06, 2015 - 09:46 PM

I'll tell you what I want in my next truck none of which my current truck has... (remember... new "to me")
1. Wing windows
It would have to come from the south, and would get parked for "salt season" so it stays in "southern" condition as long as possible.
We have gottten back into camping again now that we are close to being "empty nested" as our son is 21 and has a girlfriend hounding him to "move out" (they dont come camping with us, yes they have been invited)
If i get such a truck it will be driven quite regularly in the other 3 seasons,,,, or is it one season (that, being road construction around these parts)
I have a lead on such a truck, right now just waiting on pix from my buddy that told me about it, hope my W2s get here sooner than later and then to talk to my wife....

I can agree you with you on that one!

#50 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted January 07, 2015 - 08:26 AM

1. Wing windows

I got one of those in the back yard waiting to be worked on....all the GT's keep taking up my time :thumbs:  :D