Garden Tractor Forums banner

White town and country 108

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  VintageIronCollector 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anyone have any clue how many of these were made or how many are out there? Thanks I want info on the blue and white ones.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I couldn't say how many were made or how many are left, but as far as I know they were part of the White lineup for 1970. Thus, most of them were probably built and sold around late '69 through 1971. It was a lower cost entry-level model, so I would imagine they sold fairly well. Just like anything else that was sold for only a year or two, they are not as common as other popular makes. However, I think that particular Jacobsen LT design was built from around 1968 to at least the mid to late 1970s so parts shouldn't be too difficult to come by.

#3 ·
I couldn't say how many were made or how many are left, but as far as I know they were part of the White lineup for 1970. Thus, most of them were probably built and sold around late '69 through 1971. It was a lower cost entry-level model, so I would imagine they sold fairly well. Just like anything else that was sold for only a year or two, they are not as common as other popular makes. However, I think that particular Jacobsen LT design was built from around 1968 to at least the mid to late 1970s so parts shouldn't be too difficult to come by.
Personally I know of 3 myself. Not counting if u have any.

#6 ·
Does anyone here know if this is gear or hydro? Thanks

Only reason I ask is because all of the gear drive ones have the shifter coming out of the seat pan whereas this does not. Also the hydros had the right footrest wit a "cage" around it.

Attachments

#8 ·
Looks like someone replaced the hydro with a gear drive transmission. Only the 108 Hydro would have the "cage" around the right foot control, but there is no mistaking the gear shifter. You can see where the metal was cut to fit it in.
What model Jacobsen is hydro and what model Ford is hydro so I can start to look?

#12 ·
I'm not that familiar with these, that's why I ask. If someone has a pic of a hydro in one of these, I hope they post a pic!

#13 ·
Mine was hydro, but 10hp. Didn't think small ones offered? Any, the dumb drivel lever came out of side of tunnel and was really short. It was UNDER my leg when sitting on it. Had to move leg over everytime I wanted to change speeds and directions. That was one of the things I hated on it. With a snow blade on it, you needed extra arms to run the blade and tractor actions, much like a stick. Hydros should all be foot control to be easy to use in my opinion. I can't find a pix of mine now, might have wiped it out.

#15 ·
I saw that white Town and Country today, and it left my place around 4:30 this afternoon. The new owner should have it tonight or tomorrow. Not sure when he was planning on delivering when he left!
LOL yea he was dropping off 2 deeres to you! I should be getting it in about a half an hour or so.

#19 ·
Did you get your parts tractor?
Didn't get the ford yet but picked up this Jacobsen today. Had it running on starting fluid so I cleaned the carb and now the float doesn't seem to be working and leaks like crazy. So, I am inside now taking a breather after....... some certain words with the tractor. Tractor does have hood just off in pics. Didn't get the deck with it but paid $50 for tractor.

Attachments

#24 ·
Well been a while since I updated this but this afternoon I took out the transaxle that was out of someother tractor. This way I can put in the proper hydro rear it should have. Right now I'm working on tearing it down for paint.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.