• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Just because they have the HD logo doesn't make then any better and in a lot of cases they are not nearly as good as the other brand.

Hey now.... ANYTHING with the HD logo ROCKS!!!  Just because everything (not the bikes, but everything else) is made in China is no reason to dis them.  Yea-yea, I went in there to get a new jacket and riding gloves couple years back and looked closely at the labels, and what do I see, Made in China...   That was the last time I bought anything with the HD logo, cept the bikes.  Yes, they are made in America as is all the parts on them, so don't go there.  But your right, their clothing and gloves now sux.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hey now.... ANYTHING with the HD logo ROCKS!!!  Just because everything (not the bikes, but everything else) is made in China is no reason to dis them.  Yea-yea, I went in there to get a new jacket and riding gloves couple years back and looked closely at the labels, and what do I see, Made in China...   That was the last time I bought anything with the HD logo, cept the bikes.  Yes, they are made in America as is all the parts on them, so don't go there.  But your right, their clothing and gloves now sux.

If you want quality leather products Fox Creek it the place to go.  They are expensive but really great quality.  I have a jacket from them and it is heavy with reenforced (extra thick) elbows and shoulders with vents front and back.  Just wish i hadn't gained all this weight :wallbanging: , my son us currently using it.   I also have a set of leathers from Turkey that I found on Craigslist that are good quality.  They were custom made for the man I bought them from when he was over there. 

The trouble with HD bike is they are like our cars a mix between ASE and Metric so unless you are familiar with that bike, you are for ever trying to guess what size socket or wrench you need.  At least when I'm working on a metric I know what I will need.  Don't get me wrong I love my Harley and there isn't another bike I would trade if for except maybe a Road King.  But HD isn't perfect by any means.