Ok I gotta ask, is that an old set of air comp tanks under their being used for fuel tanks? I like it !! How much power will that put out ? must run forever with that sort of setup. got to go maybe 24 hours on a tank?
Modified/converted spare Lindsay 25 air compressor tanks into dual tube type fuel tanks with built in skids and duel filler caps with inline tank selector switch, 4 gallons per tank making for a total of 8 gallons, taking into account head space per tank, 7 1/2 gallons, 4 1/2 days continuous at continuous 3/4 load, 6 1/2 days on the variable switch (systematic cycling on/off load) . Remained from it's semi-prime duties semi-permanently attached to the house via secondary power lines for powering the emergency electric heat, cooking and connected to intergraded automatic variable on/off load switch charging deep cycle battery bank for lights and sensitive electronics (computers) at the Williamsburg property during outages accommodated by the manual start military built gas powered Prime Mover hence the electrical enclosure conversion to utilitarian type.
Specs below :
UEG 1500 D Skid Mounted, Semi-portable : ( Utility Electric Generator - 1,500 Watts conservatively, Diesel, Skid Mounted )
- 2003 Lister Petter Alpha model AC1 series 3 with modified head and injector for continuous long run at 1,800 rpm.
- Direct-coupled heavy duty modified (high output circulation fan) Copper-wound 4-pole Markon series 4, single (switchable) Capacitor excited, dual rectified ( one per pole ) replaceable carbon brush type alternator with no AVR, transisters, volt regulator or coil of any kind.
- Muffler mounted above head to aid in continuous sub-temp operation keeping head temp continuous during low volt operation (charging/stand-by mode).
- Electric cold start aid air intake heater element.
- De-ice warm air intake for sub-temp running.
- Mechanical fuel lift pump.
- Heavy duty paper element fuel filter.
- Electric start.
- Head decompression valve lever for manual starting.
- Raised manual hand crank starter.
- Valve-lash adjusted for 1,800 rpm deep intake/exhaust and modified head.
Edited by trowel, December 14, 2014 - 04:49 PM.