• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • Member No: 59950
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 06:20 PM

What has or has anyone tried to put some type of rubber bushing/vibration kit under the motors on a Copar Panzer T102 and T205 to help with the vibration from the motor to the frames? Are there any made for it?

Thanks, Tommy

• Savageman said thank you

#2 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 06:38 PM

does the engine bolt directly to the frame ?

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'm sure you could add motor mounts, but (unless I miss my guess) I would see the friction drive setup on some of the Panzer gears being a problem and at the very least prematurely wearing those motor mounts to a frazzle.

Maybe I'm wrong, though....

Ben W.

#4 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Yes, all the newer ones has vibration plates under them. I'm thinking of trying to build something and try it. Worst I can do is waste some materials. It may raise the friction drive to high like you are talking and wear them out. I'll look at it more tomorrow.

Tommy

Edited by cootertom, December 13, 2014 - 06:53 PM.

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner and Savageman have said thanks

#5 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 08:31 PM

I made new rubber bushing motor mounts for my t70 engine plate for about 8 bucks. I dont think dandy sales stocks them anymore last time i checked

Edited by jabelman, December 13, 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#6 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 09:35 PM

The 102 and 205 didn't have any. Direct bolt to the metal motor plate or at least the ones I have are.

#7 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 503 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 10:01 PM

The 220 had a shock mounted engine like the 70 and 75.  I think it had the same plate that the 205 did except there was 4 ears at the corners to hold the mounts and the bolt went down through the top of the frame.  If you don't mind cutting the old mount plate out it's probably not too hard to make up some ears and do it that way.  I think I might have some pics of the plate.  I'll have to dig around and see if i can find them.                         Stewart

#8 cootertom OFFLINE  

cootertom
  • 1,326 Thanks
  • 718 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 10:20 PM

The 220 had a shock mounted engine like the 70 and 75.  I think it had the same plate that the 205 did except there was 4 ears at the corners to hold the mounts and the bolt went down through the top of the frame.  If you don't mind cutting the old mount plate out it's probably not too hard to make up some ears and do it that way.  I think I might have some pics of the plate.  I'll have to dig around and see if i can find them.                         Stewart

Would it be the same as a T75? I have a spare T75 plate. I'll be taking it off tomorrow and I'll check it then.

Tommy

#9 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 503 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 11:45 PM

No its a completly different design.  The T75 had a flat plate with 3 bolts and the T220 is a U shape with ears on the top and had 4 bolts.  Here's a pic I found online. Two of the mounts are in the black circles and you can just about see the other back one.  The other front one is the same as the one you can see.  Hope this helps.        Stewart

t220 panzer.jpg

• panzersarebest, Savageman and cootertom have said thanks