Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Gard'n Mast'r and Jaques Mite Might clutch pics and info.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 11:56 AM

I'm looking for any info on these clutches since there isn't much info out there about them. The Gard'n Mast'r clutch is similar to the Mighty Mite, but there are some differences. The toothed clutch disc and toothed driving ring interchange, but that's it. The Gard'n mast'r uses a greased steel bearing where the clutch fork attaches, and the Mighty Mite uses a greased bronze bearing. You can see what I'm talking about in the pics below. Myself, I'm looking for the bronze bearing if anyone happens to have one available. K&L Clutch has the drawings for the Mighty Might Twin Disc Company clutch and they are looking into locating some parts for me. The Gard'n Mast'r clutch is on the left, and the Mighty Mite clutch is on the right.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20141212_095049-1.jpg
  • 8712.jpg

Edited by classic, December 12, 2014 - 12:04 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 12:49 PM

How close does the steel part from the gardenmaster come to fitting the M-Mite? Can it be modified? Daryel Shafer was remaking the clutch and he states on his web site that the brass piece is 265.00 with a 4 mo wait through twin disc. I could get dimensions if that helps.

• classic said thank you

#3 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Doug,these components are quite a bit different and I couldn't see making modifications to the Gard'n Mast'r clutch parts to make them work on the Mighty Mite clutch. However, it would be simple to install the Gard'n Mast'r clutch assembly as a whole on the Mighty Mite. Here is a pic of the Gard'n Mast'r clutch engagement/adjustment parts alongside those of a Twin Disc Company clutch similar to the Mighty Mite, but smaller. The Gard'n Mast'r clutch looks to have been made by the Carlyle Johnson Machine Company, but it may be possible that just the aluminum driving ring was.I don't know enough about these clutches, but I'll add info as I find it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20141212_134352-1.jpg

• DougT said thank you

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 08:11 PM

That split collar bearing holder sure looks about same as on my Z Moline tractors! Wonder if same manufacturer? 

• classic said thank you

#5 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,446 Thanks
  • 1,597 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 08:17 PM

The split collars are found on many PTO clutches used in all sorts of applications. The Twin Disc Clutch Co. and some Rockford clutches have similar bronze collars.