Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,584 Thanks
  • 3,900 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Complete with a certificate of authenticity.  

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cee3ed1e1

• hamman, Cvans and bgkid2966 have said thanks

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:27 PM

I added it to my watch list. Curious to see if it sells. Someone already asked a good question as the certificate of authenticity is from the previous owner so there technically isn't any real documentation that it is the tractor that was in the movie.

• Cvans, bgkid2966, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#3 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:54 PM

I wonder what its worth too

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:01 PM

Did anyone take notice that there isn't a starter on the tractor shown in the picture with Kevin? Assuming the tractor wasn't painted or cosmetically touched up, there is a black mark on the wheel weight just below Kevin's foot, but the recent pictures don't show it. I'm not 100% sure, but it also seems to show a rear facing work light on the right rear fender of the Kevin picture, but none of the recent pictures show one. Just some of my observations.

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,691 Thanks
  • 8,886 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Different loader bucket, different rear tires, different front rims and tires, the list is growing.....

• hamman said thank you

#6 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:48 PM

On another note,,, I had never seen that movie until this past weekend,,, LOL, wasn't a freaking thing on !

• hamman said thank you

#7 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Those transmissions are very costly to repair . My 2010 narrow front had hydraulic problems every way imaginable . The transmission became contaminated with water and rust from a bad remote cylinder . The motor was very good however '

It took me better than 5 years to find a suitable 2010 with good transmission as evidenced by the very clean sample of oil taken from the bottom of the rear differential . My wish list included wide front end . The wish was fulfilled .

Another two years of a good local mechanic completing the mixing and matching of parts to get one good one . Result - one good 2010 gas , good tranny ,good motor .Good tractor.

I don't require it to pull a haybine or baler any more . Brush hogging in summer . MH81 may have seen this tractor ,my 2010 , during his visit here .

#8 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1183
  • 239 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 10:59 PM

Just my two cents insight from someone who has worked on several 4020's and was raised on a farm where we had 3 4020's at one time.

It looks to me like the same tractor, reasons are; 1)The metal john deere strip on the front of the hood is missing on both pictures. 2) most of 4020's will have another hole in the hood for the air pre cleaner just in front of the radiator cap, this one does not. 3) it has a straight exhaust pipe vs the muffler, the hood has the hole cut out for the muffler.  4) as far as the starter not showing in the first picture, in the first picture there is a cover over the starter with 4020 on it and with the angle of the picture it looks like it is there. In the recent pictures that cover is missing along with the front side screen. The work light in the back was not mounted on the fender, they were  mounted on a pole that was bolted to the back of the tractor. The light pole is still there but bent backwards. I will say the tires have been changed, the front tires are taller and wider.

They did film a lot of the movie around Utah most of it was done in Utah county, years ago my roommate played the part of the kid who flips off Kevin Bacon in the car wash.

The price listed of 10500 is average price for a 4020 diesel in running condition is this type of shape, it will be interesting to see what this one goes for.

• olcowhand, Sparky, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#9 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 05:41 PM

This is funny. This isn't Elvis' Eldorado. It's a blown out JD tractor. Anyone who would buy it based on any supposed tie to Footloose deserves to be scammed.
  • grnspot110 said thank you

#10 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 06:04 PM

So, is what your saying; parts have been stripped off the tractor since the movie?

#11 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Even if it were the real thing , deterioration caused by use and normal wear and tear may make it undesirable . 15 K or more to rebuild the innards on top off purchase ? Not for me .

#12 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 239 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 10:39 PM

So, is what your saying; parts have been stripped off the tractor since the movie?

At least 3 that I noticed, the left side screen that covers up the air filter access, the cover over the starter (has 4020 on it) and the rear light. The first 2 do not surprise me they are missing. The front screen is held in place by a screen and what happens is the screen will be pulled back with engine running and someone will turn the steering wheel they get pinched between tie rod and frame. The cover over the starter usually gets taken off and left off when a starter is replaced and either forgets to put it back on or forgotten where it was put after being removed.

#13 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 239 Thanks
  • 172 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 10:45 PM

Even if it were the real thing , deterioration caused by use and normal wear and tear may make it undesirable . 15 K or more to rebuild the innards on top off purchase ? Not for me .

For being over 40 yrs old there is still a lot of life left in the tractor, providing routine maintenance is kept up on it. . They are one of the easiest tractors to work on IMO, the biggest downside is the cost of the parts if you have to get them thru Deere.

• Sparky said thank you

#14 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • Member No: 30633
  • 162 Thanks
  • 216 posts

Posted December 15, 2014 - 12:18 PM

I watched county-owned, worn out 4020 sell for $10.5K at our county auction 2 years ago.  He will get his money whether someone cares about the movie tie-in or not.  4020's are the muscle car of the farming world right now.

#15 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,391 Thanks
  • 1,526 posts

Posted December 15, 2014 - 02:16 PM

I watched county-owned, worn out 4020 sell for $10.5K at our county auction 2 years ago.  He will get his money whether someone cares about the movie tie-in or not.  4020's are the muscle car of the farming world right now.

Ditto, around here 4020's tend to sell the same, but around here you can buy an IH 1066 for 5 or 6k with more power and cheaper to work on, doesn't make any sense IMO.

• olcowhand said thank you