• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 12:12 AM

Ok I got a somewhat makes since explanation about why I can never use the 20% off coupon. Using it on a regular sale item is different from one store to another. This decision is up to the sales clerk or the manager...." depends on how many we have sold or sometimes what mood we're in with the customer". Not to be used at all on the Super Sale items ( normally most items in the store). Not to be used on the side walk sales. This info came from the management from my store.

I will add the only time I was ever aloud to use the 20% coupon was on their 2500 lb winch that was previously on sale the day before I got there at $49.99. They had one on the shelf & as I picked it up the manager walked by & asked me if I wanted that. I said yes if it's still on sale & he said no it went off last night but I could have it at the sale price. When I went to the check out the girl said I could use my 20% off coupon because the sale went off last night. I got it for $40. I guess she felt good that day.  :D

Edited by Sawdust, January 19, 2015 - 12:13 AM.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#17 richwoodrocket ONLINE  

richwoodrocket

16 year old JD lover

• Contributor
  • Member No: 57205
  • 147 Thanks
  • 177 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 09:14 AM

I've never bought anything harbor freight. They don't have any stores close to me to justify. I really would like to get my hands on those predator engines to compare them to Honda engines though.

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 10:06 AM

Ok I got a somewhat makes since explanation about why I can never use the 20% off coupon. Using it on a regular sale item is different from one store to another. This decision is up to the sales clerk or the manager...." depends on how many we have sold or sometimes what mood we're in with the customer". Not to be used at all on the Super Sale items ( normally most items in the store). Not to be used on the side walk sales. This info came from the management from my store.

I will add the only time I was ever aloud to use the 20% coupon was on their 2500 lb winch that was previously on sale the day before I got there at $49.99. They had one on the shelf & as I picked it up the manager walked by & asked me if I wanted that. I said yes if it's still on sale & he said no it went off last night but I could have it at the sale price. When I went to the check out the girl said I could use my 20% off coupon because the sale went off last night. I got it for $40. I guess she felt good that day.  :D

I go to HF quite frequently and they have never refused my coupons.  General rule is if the item on sale has a coupon no you can't use the 20% off, you can only used one coupon per item.  But if and item is in the sale paper and no coupon then the 20% if good.  Once in a while in there emails they will come out with 10%, 15%, & 20% off your total purchase depending on the total.  As a matter of fact a buddy of mine just bought a lift table a week ago and didn't have a 20% coupon so he found one on the net on his phone and they took it.  Something must he wrong with your store up there.

#19 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 10:23 AM

I've never bought anything harbor freight. They don't have any stores close to me to justify. I really would like to get my hands on those predator engines to compare them to Honda engines though.

They aren't even close in terms of quality control.  But they do run well. 

If you tear them down you can see things aren't as tight or as controled during the manufacturing process.

They will run, I have a couple on minibikes that are stock minus the fly wheels.  They are running without a governor and 26lb valve springs.  They will float the valves around 4500 to 5000 RPM.  They are still holding up.  I replace the fly wheels with billet aluminum ones so the cast one won't send chucks of metal into my nether regions.

I also have one that the only stock parts are the tin work and the case.  Everything else has been replaced with new aftermarket racing parts.  That thing will zing up to 9800 RPM and put out over 25HP.  That thing is a beast.