LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'm certain no one intentionally suggested we should poop where we sleep...

I did'nt mean anyone here suggested that. I just meant that instead of politicians and scientists argueing about wheather. Or not pollution causes warming, we should just clean it up anyway.
  • Bill56 said thank you

#17 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,872 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Not to nit pick, but from what I understand, weather is what is happening at the moment, like a snowstorm or heat wave; climate is the umbrella term for the general trend in the place where we live...most of us live in a temperate climate as opposed to a tropical one, Florida not withstanding,lol.  Do I think we are in the midst of a climate change? Yes, but it is gradual and all the publicity about it is tending to make us more aware of it. We are far better informed world wide than we were 50 years ago, so are more aware of what is happening. 

• Bill56 and pigsitter have said thanks

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted December 14, 2014 - 02:29 PM

Not to nit pick, but from what I understand, weather is what is happening at the moment, like a snowstorm or heat wave; climate is the umbrella term for the general trend in the place where we live...most of us live in a temperate climate as opposed to a tropical one, Florida not withstanding,lol. Do I think we are in the midst of a climate change? Yes, but it is gradual and all the publicity about it is tending to make us more aware of it. We are far better informed world wide than we were 50 years ago, so are more aware of what is happening.

I agree. Dad said 45 years ago when he was a kid playing in the winter the ponds and creeks would freeze solid and the ice skated. Snow storms happened quite frequently.

Even in 1983 the winter I was born mom said it was below zero more days that winter than it was above.

Our area has been slowly warming.

My grandfather said when he was a kid he remembers more mild winters then slowly getting colder to what my dad remembers.

It has been proven that weather patterns in areas have been proven to go through huge changes of temperate over periods of time. I watched a show where they studied growth rings and trues and could directly show the average temp of each year. Showing warm periods. Cole periods ect
  • oldedeeres said thank you