Time to Vote for Tractor of the Month!
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Found This At a Salvage Yard. Whats it worth ? ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,608 Thanks
  • 4,659 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 05:53 AM

...the tractor originally had a Tecumseh on it.  ...

The original engine for a 1256 would be the Wisconsin TRA-12D.

The 1257 had a Tecumseh HH120

• blackjackjakexxix and superaben have said thanks

#17 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,451 Thanks
  • 5,312 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 06:39 AM

the tractor running is worth 150 bucks,...the blower is worth 150 bucks...the tractor originally had a Tecumseh on it.  a 1256 is hydrastat and hydraulic lift...

Befor you give out numbers maybe you learn a little about these tractors and what engine are in each modal..... Just saying....

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#18 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,433 Thanks
  • 2,481 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 09:01 AM

that 1250 is a large frame tractor, has a 12hp. Wisconsin motor.  if you get it to run and tranny is good it is a fine old tractor. 

• chieffan said thank you

#19 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,433 Thanks
  • 2,481 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 09:40 AM

Befor you give out numbers maybe you learn a little about these tractors and what engine are in each modal..... Just saying....

Sorry that I offended you.  The 1256 I used to own had a HH120 in it.  It must have been a fluke. 

There is a guy on craigs at the Lake of Ozarks site that has a 1256 listed and he says it has a Kohler in it.  The muffler he has welded on it is kinda cool...looks like it is a motor cycle muffler.  He says it runs and he wants $100 bucks for it.

Edited by Delmar, December 11, 2014 - 10:29 AM.

• superaben said thank you

#20 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,654 Thanks
  • 4,768 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 06:02 PM

that 1250 is a large frame tractor, has a 12hp. Wisconsin motor.  if you get it to run and tranny is good it is a fine old tractor. 

To many IF's on it to take a chance.  He can part it out for more that what I would give for it.  Snow thrower, wheels weights, 12 hp Wisconsin, plus all the small parts.  He can probably get close to $500, but it will take some time to get there.

#21 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben

Con Man

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,665 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:00 PM

Sorry that I offended you.  The 1256 I used to own had a HH120 in it.  It must have been a fluke. 

There is a guy on craigs at the Lake of Ozarks site that has a 1256 listed and he says it has a Kohler in it.  The muffler he has welded on it is kinda cool...looks like it is a motor cycle muffler.  He says it runs and he wants $100 bucks for it.

I don't think you offended anyone, Jerome was just saying that we all need to know our facts before we talk.

It was probably directed at me, anyway, eh Jerome?  :poke:

Saying an engine is original can become rougher and rougher to do accurately the older a tractor ages.  Repowers happen, and some of them get weird real quick. 

Flukes in the assembly line happen too.  I've seen a couple brands of tractors with engines that the original owner swears were in the tractor when he bought it new.  And all facts point that way as far as paint and wear and tear.  But the factory records said it didn't happen, but maybe the day that tractor was made they were one short of a Wisconsin with one big order to fill, and they stole a HH120 and plugged it in. 

Ben W.

• wilberj and Delmar have said thanks

#22 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,451 Thanks
  • 5,312 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 09:17 PM

I don't think you offended anyone, Jerome was just saying that we all need to know our facts before we talk.

It was probably directed at me, anyway, eh Jerome?  :poke:

Saying an engine is original can become rougher and rougher to do accurately the older a tractor ages.  Repowers happen, and some of them get weird real quick. 

Flukes in the assembly line happen too.  I've seen a couple brands of tractors with engines that the original owner swears were in the tractor when he bought it new.  And all facts point that way as far as paint and wear and tear.  But the factory records said it didn't happen, but maybe the day that tractor was made they were one short of a Wisconsin with one big order to fill, and they stole a HH120 and plugged it in. 

Ben W.

Thanks Ben I did not mean to sound offended because I was not I just dont like info to be given out without facts.

• superaben said thank you