Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What's a fair offer on this White T&C 107?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 04:31 PM

I'm not sure on engine condition. Also is missing front wheels no biggie. I was wondering what a fair offer would be. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• received_m_mid_1418244882314_88e4b32bab1045d321_0.jpeg
  • received_m_mid_1418244915727_c4a75b89b014c47054_0.jpeg
  • received_m_mid_1418244899179_61389a226146e85701_0.jpeg

#2 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'd start at scrap price. It looks like it has been sitting in that spot for a long time.

• MH81 said thank you

#3 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 05:45 PM

That's a rare beast though.

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#4 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,299 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 06:03 PM

That's a rough one.I wouldn't go any higher than $50 maybe $75 if the tranny shifts into all gears.Expect to have to rebuild the engine or repower it.Even though it's "Rare" it's just a small LT with no attachments.

"Rare" doesn't always mean it's worth a lot of money but in Most cases it does mean that Parts and attachments are hard to find.

• farmerall said thank you

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 06:08 PM

$25 with a HIGH of $50.  I'd stick to the low end myself.

• farmerall and superaben have said thanks

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 06:35 PM

$25 with a HIGH of $50.  I'd stick to the low end myself.

Ditto.

Ben W.

#7 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:18 PM

OK I now know engine is free and tractor has been sitting for 5 years.

#8 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:31 PM

Rare does though mean less chances to pick up the particular item. If it is from a "don't be in it upsidedown" standpoint,because "if I want to make money on it,I can" point of view,then I will agree with the above answers. However...This is a rare and somewhat sought after brand so if I wanted it just to have,maybe restore and take with me to shows I would be willing to go $100 - $150. Granted any old average common LT in that shape is worth scrap price ( unless you part it),if you want it better grab it,I doubt that you find another one anytime soon. And come on what does $25 buy today or $50 or even $150 for that matter ? Who hasn't wasted more then that in the last 3 months. I'm just saying it's a cheap toy if you want it,grab it. You could spend your money on incredibly worse things.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, December 10, 2014 - 10:12 PM.

• Talntedmrgreen, VintageIronCollector and ChopRod have said thanks

#9 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:33 PM

Seller wants $300.

#10 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:51 PM

More then I would go. If you want it offer him $100. For $300 you could buy a pretty decent old GARDEN tractor.

• VintageIronCollector said thank you

#11 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,299 Thanks
  • 2,334 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 11:13 PM

I turned down a small Jacobson like that one for $50 with a deck because it was sunk down into the ground.All the pulleys were frozen,steering frozen,Pto frozen and it looked to be in better shape than that one.

It might be worth $300 after you put $600 in parts into it and find a good deck for it.

I know where there's another Jacobson version of that tractor for sale for $50.It does run and move but needs alot of cosmetic stuff done.

They are a really small tractor with a strange 4 speed rear that looks like some sort of small Peerless but taller and narrower.And the older ones had Vertical mounted Starter generators on them.They are a really strange one once you look at them closer.

Some had Steel fenders some had Fiberglass.I've seen both.

Jacobsen.jpg~original.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, December 10, 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#12 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:59 AM

I actually don't think the seller is way out of line on this one.  The Jacobsen built Whites are hard to come by and an Oliver collector would jump at the chance to have one.  Parts should be easy to find with a common Briggs engine and enough Ford and Jac parts machines around.  I'd offer him $200 and meet in the middle if necessary.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#13 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 02:18 AM

If it's the one your missing to complete the collection, it may be worth more... But I am reminded of a previous post regarding Oliver lawn tractors and the statement that there were very few made, so it must be worth a lot of money that one was a runner, driver, with deck and 4 wheels

Not a lot of them, but there weren't a lot of 1973 Fuchsia Cadillacs made either and they really aren't collector items.
I agree that someone will want to buy the tractor, and that they are seeking an Oliver version to round out their herd, but without condition pics and a realistic idea of run ability, it's all just speculation.
Take any info you get from GT collectors with a grain of salt. You should try to get information from "disinterested" parties. GT owners are GREAT for technical and historical info, but they tend to overinflate the value and sometimes the importance of their "babies" (understandable, I have done the same thing, so don't ask me about Sears or Massey). You may even find that guys will provide lower than fair market numbers on purpose to keep the market in check and the hobby affordable.
The other side of the coin is to be VERY wary of inflated online prices on EBAY and Craigslist. Just because people list or even sometimes accidentally sell things at inflated prices beyond value, doesn't mean the next guy can.
In the end, you will be able to sell it for what the market will bear, and visual appearance, condition, location and if it runs or not are all biggies. Without more info, any numbers offered would be a wild guess or would be without substance.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,623 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 02:41 AM

That $300 figure confirms my usual reply to posts about value....

"Usually about half of what the seller has it priced at".

:wallbanging:

Edited by Gtractor, December 11, 2014 - 02:43 AM.

• MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#15 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Rare does though mean less chances to pick up the particular item. If it is from a "don't be in it upsidedown" standpoint,because "if I want to make money on it,I can" point of view,then I will agree with the above answers. However...This is a rare and somewhat sought after brand so if I wanted it just to have,maybe restore and take with me to shows I would be willing to go $100 - $150. Granted any old average common LT in that shape is worth scrap price ( unless you part it),if you want it better grab it,I doubt that you find another one anytime soon. And come on what does $25 buy today or $50 or even $150 for that matter ? Who hasn't wasted more then that in the last 3 months. I'm just saying it's a cheap toy if you want it,grab it. You could spend your money on incredibly worse things.

Well said....she isn't scrap unless the owner decides it is.  Unfortunately, in this case the owner seems to think it rivals the value of gold.  =[

• rustyoldjunk said thank you