16 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,505 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 08:51 AM

Think he Cut off the pipe and slid a 1" nipple over the flange and welded it fast then threaded 1" pipe elbow onto that.It's pretty simple and very clean looking.

Eric,  I just blew that photo up you sent me.  He built a complete new exhaust manifold system.  That would make more sense as he has the original to put back in case of a re-power down the road.  Going to look into that closer as my machinist could make the flange and weld the 1" pipe to it.  I have pipe threaders and could do the rest OK.  Will see how the hood fits later today - I hope.  Choke hook up come first.

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,505 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 05:52 PM

Motor is all hooked up, ignition switch mover and everything work  .fired it up for a second just to make sure it would run.  Hood fits OK.  Need to round up my nylon strap for a hood stop.  Don't want any chain dangling around on the motor.  Motor pulley came today and it is mounted.  Looks like it will take a pair 33" belts.  Will pick them up Monday.  Got delayed for about 4 hours.  About 11 a friend called and said he had two deer they just shot and wanted to know if I wanted them.  Quick call to my son and he said sure so took both of them.  Had to skin and gut them before back to the tractor.  Not really cold enough to leave them age so will quarter them tomorrow and get them in the cooler and work them up Monday.  Loins, stew meat and a lot of ground.