#1 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 09:28 PM

Does anyone know how the Massey 1655/1855 speed control (378A91) is mounted and works? I am thinking it would hold the pedal as a form of cruse control?

#2 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 05:16 PM

No. It's a speed limiter in that it limits the travel of the pedal.

Good for limiting the speed that kids can use when learning how to run the tractor, or maintaining a steady speed when plowing when you have a tendency to push harder on the pedal.

Mine stays at the top position (4) unless I'm removing the console cover. I use the FEL bucket for a parking brake.

• Bud and toppop52 have said thanks

#3 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Thanks Tudor, if you get the chance could you post a picture or maybe tell me where it is installed.

#4 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 01:05 AM

It's the knob at the bottom left corner of the dash tower with the numbers 1-4 ascending and Park underneath them. It's controlled by the left foot pedal and the knob pulls out to latch it in each of the 5 positions.

Edited by TUDOR, December 24, 2014 - 01:08 AM.

• Bud said thank you

#5 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted March 05, 2016 - 04:54 PM

Here is a picture of the speed control kit for the Massey 1655 and 1855. I don't have any directions for it and I still can't figure out how to install it. If anyone has one on there tractor could you post a picture? It is shown under accessory in the 1855 parts book here. Kit #10378A91. IMGP2454.JPG

#6 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:04 AM

I'm wondering what's going on with my speed control on my 1855.  It seems like when I move the knob it isn't attached to anything and it doesn't do anything with limiting the travel of the pedal.  

#7 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,397 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:39 AM

No. It's a speed limiter in that it limits the travel of the pedal.

Good for limiting the speed that kids can use when learning how to run the tractor, or maintaining a steady speed when plowing when you have a tendency to push harder on the pedal.

Mine stays at the top position (4) unless I'm removing the console cover. I use the FEL bucket for a parking brake.

Don't we all? :D

#8 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:27 PM

I'm wondering what's going on with my speed control on my 1855. It seems like when I move the knob it isn't attached to anything and it doesn't do anything with limiting the travel of the pedal.

Does your pedal return to neutral when not being pushed either way? Or does it just flop around?

I just found mine has an internal roll pin not doing its job. My pedal is not attached to the speed control side at all. Which also happens to control neutral also.

Eric
  • jpswift1 said thank you

#9 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:54 PM

Does your pedal return to neutral when not being pushed either way? Or does it just flop around?

I just found mine has an internal roll pin not doing its job. My pedal is not attached to the speed control side at all. Which also happens to control neutral also.

Eric

Eric, thanks for the help.  I believe mine does return to the Neutral position, but I can't remember off the top of my head.  I believe there's some resistance like it's not greased or something is rusty.

• dropped82 said thank you