• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#76 mike912e OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14152
  • 426 Thanks
  • 241 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 09:25 AM

Update :
I've been using the restored deck for a couple of weeks so far and it appears to be doing a great job . My only concern is that there is quite a bit of grass adhering to the exit opening, so I have to assume that it's sticking to the bottom of the deck as well . I'll continue cutting grass for a few more weeks, pull the deck and see what's happening .
I must have it adjusted properly as the grass looks great after being mowed . Nice and smooth with no uneven areas . I went over all the grease fittings, giving them a quick shot of grease before using it the first time . Runs quiet, which is good, as it was somewhat noisy when operating before the restoration . I'll continue to keep everyone informed as time progresses .

Update : The deck is off the tractor, cleaned using water hose and soft nylon bristle brush . In the picture the dark grey areas are where the graphite coating did not wear off . The yellow is where it did wear off . There is a little dirt still stuck , but nothing that a pressure washer won't remove . I'm not going to recoat it for next year just to see how long it will last .

Attached Thumbnails

• bottom side of mower deck after cleaning 001.JPG

#77 larrybl OFFLINE  

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,757 Thanks
  • 3,233 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 12:55 PM

Your deck looks really good. I blow the top off, and scrape underneath after every mow (sometimes twice) I mow 3 acres. then I normally pull the deck every other year, full inspection, cleaning, wire brush and re paint the under side and top.

Attached Thumbnails

• attachment 1.jpg
  • attachment 2.jpg

• mike912e said thank you