Cub Cadet 125

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dlang94 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 63471
  • 226 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 05:00 PM

Hey everyone I've been looking for a tractor for a little while something that I can mow,plow, and pull a small trailer with. I think I finally found one a cub 125, any thoughts on this model? 1a61c97908e420daa7e1efbdf500899c.jpga43aae438c654b797a90b62a01bfde9d.jpg361a95d8414fa2887c58a492797de7ae.jpgc8e8ce7196e482a369f01d46e9e0057b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sacsr, Gabriel and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,667 Thanks
  • 39,051 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 05:14 PM

Nice tractor! I think you can do most all you want with it, but you'll need the Cub '3 point hitch'. Basically a sleeve hitch.

• Coventry Plumber and dlang94 have said thanks

#3 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,397 Thanks
  • 3,814 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'd say the 125 is an excellent choice!  :thumbs:

Those old Crud Cadets are built very well.  It should serve you good for many years with reasonable care.

I hope you had the air filter off for cleaning there in the picture.  ??  Never use the tractor without an air filter.  Dirt in the engine is its worst enemy.  Also don't be one of those guys that just changes the oil once a year.  That Kohler is my favorite small engine but they have no oil filtration system. 

Did you get the mower deck and plow with the tractor?  I assume by "plow" you are refering to a snow plow?  Some call it a snow 'blade" so as to differentiate between a dirt plow.  If you didn't get those attachments with the tractor they should be easy to find. You will also need some wheel weights and/or to put fluid in your tires.  Tire chains are a must also.   You can usually find an old set for a car or pickup from back in the days before radial tires in someones garage [usually free] and they can be cut down to work.  

One thing I noticed is those rear tires look like they have too much pressure in them.  They will get much better traction and give a smoother ride if aired down a little. 

Best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. 

• superaben, Coventry Plumber and dlang94 have said thanks

#4 zippy1 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 602 Thanks
  • 373 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 12:27 AM

The 125 is an excellent do anything you ask it to tractor. I've had a couple, down to two of them.

As mentioned in an earlier post, if your looking for a push blade for snow or dirt you'll need a set of chains at least, plus weights, or filling the tires are a good idea.

If your talking a mold board plow then a sleeve hitch (3pt) will be needed. I have the hydraulic lift 125 designated as a tiller tractor, the other is the narrow front 125 for de-thatching, aerating, pulling the sweeper or roller.

I think you picked up a good tractor. Get the fluids changed, hydraulic filter, fuel bowl screen and you'll be good to do just about anything you need to. :thumbs:

• dlang94 said thank you