wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 02:52 AM

Anyone watch the show "Hoarders" on A&E? Anyone then go into the "self-evaluation" mode? Well, I'm afraid to say this, but I may be a hoarder lol. I have a problems getting rid of things, I buy things I don't need (mostly tractors or tools), and I occasionally can't walk through my shop without stepping over things. I need to hear from others that share my sickness to raise my spirits lol.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 05:28 AM

I have watched the show once,looks pretty good.

#3 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 07:19 AM

I admit it too...I will collect stuff, but not to the degree that the people on that show do....Most of what they drag home and store is garbage......Then they show you what is in their fridge.......Hopefully, we never get that bad.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 07:26 AM

HUGE difference between us & "them"! (or maybe I'm in the denial stage lol). Many of them are just plain filthy/lazy/sorry-A people. Some are decent folks, who badly need/deserve help....others need to just go away!

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 09:08 AM

I fight the urge to save things. It goes back to my Grandmother. She kept the neatest house ever, but NEVER threw away anything that wasn't JUNK.

She lived thru the depression. We threw away a bunch of used Aluminum Foil. Neatly washed and folded. Ready for reuse. I'd say she kept more stuff than your average person, but it was always put away. Pride in herself & house wouldn't let her do anything else.

When it comes to me: the neat gene seems to be recessive...

#6 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 09:09 AM

There was a story on the news lastnight about a fire in a house in winnipeg.The fire fighters fought it for hrs and couldn't put it out in -30 temps. The elderly man was taken to the hospital for minor stuff.Guess they couldn't put the fire out due to him being a Hoarder.The house was so full of stuff[just walking paths] that's why they couldn't put it out.Of course all they could do was evacuate the people next door and keep there house's from burning.Anyway they brought in a demoltion crew and knocked the house down. Kinda scary hearing about stuff like that.So if you live next to a Hoarder like above chance's are you could lose your home or even worse.Larry

#7 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 09:29 AM

Tend to be that way myself, Casey, but I'm trying to be a little more selective about my "treasures" that I keep.

#8 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 10:39 AM

I try to keep up with spring cleaning and getting rid of stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Last spring, I missed the boat and the garage looks like a hoarders dream. This spring, gotta get the stuff out.

Having said that, I have seen the show and the nightmares most of those families face. I feel bad for the family members more than most of the hoarders. How do you deal with that?

Then there seems to be an animal hoarder show, now that is depressing.

#9 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 12:26 PM

When you see the inside of my garage I could be a "stuff" hoarder! I just need a shed about 30 x 30 for spare parts and misc storage and I'd be in fine shape. If I stuck to doing one project at a time and cleaned up and put away the leftovers from each project would help deal with my mess but that never seems to happen especially over winter. I'd like to put up another small shed next to my garage for parts and "stuff" storage.

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 03:36 PM

When you see the inside of my garage I could be a "stuff" hoarder! I just need a shed about 30 x 30 for spare parts and misc storage and I'd be in fine shape. If I stuck to doing one project at a time and cleaned up and put away the leftovers from each project would help deal with my mess but that never seems to happen especially over winter. I'd like to put up another small shed next to my garage for parts and "stuff" storage.

That's the stage I'm in, I take too much apart and start new projects. The show makes statements in it which are "I was going to" and that's what scares me!! lol

#11 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,624 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 08:08 PM

Casey , does you yard look like my grandmother's back yard ? , Bath ,PA taken in the thirties. If not try harder !!!!!!!!!!!!, Alscaned 1-18-08 024 (Large).jpg

#12 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Wish those cars were in my backyard..................