#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:14 PM

Side story:

My best friend named Jason, who I live with, work with, etc got some tires for his truck last week. I told him to come up to work (on his day off) and he can use whatever he needs to knock the job out. Well that day he set up, it was pouring rain, and pretty cold. My friend Jon & I started and the three of us knocked the tire swap old to new in 1/2 an hour. He was so thankful that we helped him, but like I always have said and believed in, that's what friends are for. 

Fast forward to yesterday, I worked, he was off. He knew I've been meaning to install the snowcab and was wondering if it would work on my electrak or not. Well the verdict is in, and the Case K1 cab will work for it! Here's what I came home too:

I was tickled pink. I'm so used to giving & when something as simple as this is done to help me, it's just awesome. The problem I had was mounting the bottom of the doors, and the front.

Jason used the existing holes in the floor boards to mount the feet and drilled two holes on my back fenders to hold the back on with some 4x4 wood blocks. He even included a special refreshment holder for me!

The only issue he/we ran into was on the driver side, the doors steel frame seems like it was bent at one point in it's life and it's pressing against the tire. Currently it's under alot of pressure with clamps to bend it back, hopefully for good.

On the positive side, LED lights for the roof, and orange beacon will be next.

This GT fits me perfectly, it's electric for one, has case wheel weights, a case cab, now I just need something from a bush hog for it to be complete :)

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 1.JPG
  • photo 2.JPG
  • photo 3.JPG
  • photo 4.JPG

• DH1, Gtractor, Alc and 10 others have said thanks

#2 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Keeping your batteries recharged properly helps tremendously . I have heard that Bolens decals were used on E - T 's at times . Whatever it takes to keep them running is the order or the day .

The spare parts for these fine machines come from many reputable dealers . They are out there .

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Sweet cup holder. It fits great, but I wonder about battery ventilation during charging cycles.

#4 Coventry Plumber ONLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Looks good ,nice job on it

#5 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:47 PM

Well I work on golf cars for my primary job and love batteries. 90% of what I do is electric. The seat on the rear, slides out now instead of lifting up. The pin in the back pulls out and off comes the seat. The hood lifts up like normal.

I charge it weekly. I have both an aftermarket 36V golf car charger as a backup and the main charger. 

Edited by Titus, December 06, 2014 - 06:48 PM.

• Alc and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:50 PM

Well I work on golf cars for my primary job and love batteries. 90% of what I do is electric. The seat on the rear, slides out now instead of lifting up. The pin in the back pulls out and off comes the seat. The hood lifts up like normal.

I charge it weekly. I have both an aftermarket 36V golf car charger as a backup and the main charger.

Ok, that is good. I just know that the way it is stock you would be unable to open it with the cab on to check your batteries. But sounds as though you had thought about that already.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, December 06, 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#7 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:50 PM

I was wondering about vented side panels for the front last winter when some IH stuff seemed interesting .  The sellers seemed a little scammy at times .

#8 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:55 PM

We had to cut off the back, a portion of it that bolts to the fuel tank to stabilize it. I will be doing a 20" or 30" LED light on the front and 2 4" LEDs on the back. 

#9 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:59 PM

A fellow in the know told me they did some out sourcing in 1970 for the product line . He didn't need to exaggerate . He did what he had to do .

#10 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 07:15 PM

That looks great Pete! :thumbs: Jason!!

I just bought the same cab from a CL guy in Wakefield.

#11 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 07:17 PM

Was it you who got it for $75?

• chris m said thank you

#12 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Yup :D, He said he was going to scrap it but then decided to see if it would sell.

#13 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 07:25 PM

PMing you about that

#14 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 05:04 AM

That's a nice looking cab !! I need one for my LGT, then I can put heat in it LOL.
So, question; how do you get an electric golf cart to go faster? Seems all of ours have been turned way down, and just crawl, i have to drive from one building to another and it takes forever when its cold out..... How do they govern these things??

Edited by skyrydr2, December 10, 2014 - 05:06 AM.

#15 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:25 PM

My first E Bay purchase of an Elec-Trak was actually performed by a friend of mine 8 years ago on his account . A minimum bid of 50 was required . The final knock down was 50 . Cash would be accepted on pickup . Sweet .

Directions were to a place about 1/100 th of a lightyear away .Or less . A good drive motor and lift motor were evident in the pics . No solenoids or relays however upon pickup .

I was still a happy man with reason to smile . My wife was not quite content . Since then she has helped to nurture my hobby . Sweet .

This little saga is missing a detail in the excitement . Three mysterious holes in the dashboard confounded me until the literature elsewhere indicate snow cab mounting bolt placement .
  • Mr Electrak said thank you