Removed the mowing deck and got the tractor on jack stands. Had a few issues that needed addressed, leaking air on all 4 tires was one of them. I took all 4 rims/tires to our local tire shop and removed the 4, tubes went back in the Carlisle super lugs but first checking for thorns or any sharp debris. Ordered a new set of wide front tires and are 6 ply Deestone @ $32.50 ea. I had Carlisle Chevron's on the front and noticed they were cutting the turf pretty bad...these "Cyclops" or GT series has a sharp turning radius so hoping the new smooth rib fronts will be easier on the turf. Has anyone used these fronts on their machines?
Next I drained the Hytran and installed a new filter. Drained the engine oil and new oil/air filter was replaced. When the new starter came in the mail I tackled that replacement...these B&S Vanguard V-twin engine starters are not a simple task to remove/install without the right tools. I made mine several yrs ago. The replacement starter is smaller yet seems to turn the engine over faster than the OEM. Two new spark plugs and greased.
I went thru the mowing deck last spring, made a few minor weld repairs and installed new belts...everything looked OK but put a new edge on the blades. Here in the mid south bradford pear trees have just lost their leaves so I mulched up the leaves before the rain came. I think I'm gonna like them new "stones" on the front~ Sorry about a few blurred pix from my cell.