• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Before you read any further, the following contains whining, pouting, and general complaints.

I should have just stayed where I was when I woke up today. Over night our usually very good baby (who sleeps almost every night thru) was up almost all night. Tummy troubles we think. Once she did go back to sleep, we turned off the alarm & slept in till 10AM.

Made coffee & took too big a first sip, burnt tongue... Mmmmm.

When I did finally get moving, I decided I needed to move the SS12 from where I parked it after snowblowing last night. Smelled Gas. Found out the fuel filter has a leak where they glue together. It's not much. Hopped on & smiled when I lifted the snowblower, thinking about using it again. That would be my last smile for the next several hours.

Crank, crank, crank, crank, crank,tinker, tinker, crank, crank, crank, crank, curse, fuss, get the wrenches.

Pull the plug: gas: OK, I'm still breathing so there's oxygen, Spark: no. Took it all back apart & tried to figure out why. Tinker, tinker, crank, crank, crank, crank, curse, fuss.

Now my wife comes out & tells me I need to stop what I'm doing and go in the house while she's running errands. I could've taken that news better. Apologized later.

At this point I was either going to carry the tractor where I wanted it or get it running. I was late for an appointment with Ryan to work on the MF10 up at Dad's anyways, so after the wife got home, I went to Dad's. While I was up there I stole the CDI off the spare MF10.

After we got a game plan going of the tractor tires (smile #2) and some visit time with my parents (smile #3), Ryan and I came home & installed the CDI. Fired right up. (smile #4)

I think I know why: There was moisture behind the CDI. And where the pickup is there is a hairline crack in between the potting & the aluminum. This probably goes back to when the PO had the pin hit the pickup. My plan is to see if it works mid summer after it dries out, and then seal it up. If not, it's going to be a possible donor for a coil conversion.

Whew, Kinda looking forward to a restful evening. My Kids are behaving (#5), my Baby is in rare form & entertaining as all get out (#'s 6-100) and the wife seems to have a fresh outlook on life as she too is smiling. Things are looking up.

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:25 PM

Glad things improved for you, Alan. Maybe things will continue improve as the progresses. Could turn into a great night for you. LOL

#3 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:33 PM

Really at times like these just having the memory of Roger Miller songs was a help for me. It was more about simple pleasures.

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:39 PM

LOL, thats right Sparky

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Alan, all this about you......my heart goes out to the little one who had a sick tummy! :thumbs:
Awe, ok Alan, sorry you had a bad day, but you'll be fine. Now quit whining....you're beginning to sound like ...... ME! :rofl2:

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:55 PM

Alan, all this about you......my heart goes out to the little one who had a sick tummy!

Last night was all about her. We were a little worried as it's so unlike her. She bounced back tho & is currently giving me the biggest 5 tooth smile ever!

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 10:02 PM

Bad days suck, at least everything turned around for you. Hope the little one is feeling better.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 04:16 PM

Suck it up you big crybaby LOL! Sorry to hear that it was a rough one! We all have those days. At least it's looking up, I really hate it when they run together!

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 07:56 PM

I want to whine about my yesterday, seeing as how it ended with not having internet last night!!! It started out with a Thunderstorm with heavy rain and winds that blew a tree down on my grandparents' service entrance, which consequently ripped it off the house and the neutral in half. It didn't pull completely so it caused the voltage on one side to rise up to a much as the full 240V which caused a plug in type surge suppressor to catch fire and burn the wall. They got the main power off and the surge suppressor unplugged and outside in the rain thanks to one of the neighbors being there. Oh, and did I mention Grandpa is not feeling well on top of all this. Ok, so the service Dad fixed because I had to go to school. So went home and got my truck, but not before closing my finger in the door!!! So patch that bleeding finger up and get in the truck and go, well, it wasn't firing on all cylinders... water in it or whatever, so cuss a lot more, pull off and restart the truck. So by the time I got to class it was a waste. Then when I got home the internet didn't work, I hope someone can top this misery, cause I want company!!!!!

#10 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like a rough day.

Hope things turn around for you and hope your Grandpa is feeling Better

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,330 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 09:10 PM

I hope someone can top this misery, cause I want company!!!!!

Geez Casey. I'm both glad the curse moved on from me, and sorry it found you. On the upside, this particular "Bad Day Itis" seems to be a 24 hour bug.
For the other members that haven't contracted this nasty little bugger, if you feel it coming on, step away from what you're working on & hug a loved one. If no one is around, you can either hug yourself or call a loved one. Then, (only after you no longer feel the urge to throw things & cuss) you can go back to work.

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 09:17 PM

Geez Casey. I'm both glad the curse moved on from me, and sorry it found you. On the upside, this particular "Bad Day Itis" seems to be a 24 hour bug.
For the other members that haven't contracted this nasty little bugger, if you feel it coming on, step away from what you're working on & hug a loved one. If no one is around, you can either hug yourself or call a loved one. Then, (only after you no longer feel the urge to throw things & cuss) you can go back to work.

I like that line, I really wanted to call you last night Alan, but fell asleep before hand, figured you would sympathize with me lol.
I wonder how we pas this contagious disease to people that deserve it? lol