20 replies to this topic

#16 tater195 OFFLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,318 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 10:13 PM

Hard to watch it now without thinking of Danni as a roller derby chick and doing berlyQ

• Delmar said thank you

#17 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 01:28 AM

He never even looked at the buried treasure nearby... That Cub Cadet. I couldn't tell what model, but based on the grill it looked to be an early enough one that it would have the good transaxle and good Kohler engine. And if it was a gear drive with the creeper it would easily pull the numbers he bought the horse for and expected his markup to be. And on the flip side, it would not totally screw the market, since the Cub Cadets as you all know pull those numbers regularly, which is why I have a Cub Cadet 102 with no creeper gear that I bought in non running condition with no seat because I could get it for $150 in that condition haha.

I personally do not like watching Pickers any more since all I see is them buying crap for too much with too much expected markup. I have seen them buy stuff for similar prices as I buy stuff and I am always lucky to get 80 percent back out of the stuff I buy when I sell it. Granted I am a collector, but I am also not a dummy. I know the market in my area, and I can't pay the prices that they pay for stuff because I am already over paying for it based on my market area, and to me, bad deal. And this is where the Pickers screw it up, now that 200 dollar horse just went up because "I saw that on Pickers" or any other TV non 'reality' show. Now I have to walk away.

On another note, anyone else seen these HGTV house remodeling shows where a young couple buy $400,000 dollar home that they remodel for $200,000 and end up $50,000 over budget without batting an eye? I thought the house market was still crappy?? And wher the heck are these young couples around my age getting all this money any how?? I would be set for a long time on $650,000....
  • Texas Deere and Horse and GTTinkerer have said thanks

#18 TwoEagles OFFLINE  

TwoEagles
  • Member No: 64404
  • 33 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted December 14, 2014 - 09:03 PM

ok so heres my 2 cents worth ,first of all a wheel horse 733 doesnt show on any Wh master list,cant find that model on any list, strange huh,so im not quite sure of what he really got,second of all its not so much the pickers,as the sellers , they think because just because they came there with their show and cameras that all of a suddent there junk is worth alot more than it really is, and the stupid pickers let the sellers get away with selling their real junk for high priceses, most likely if they didnt buy it or turned   down that stupid price , it would sit there and rust away with the rest of the junk they have if some of these half wit sellers would be right with their stuff oan seller it for what its really worth , they would sell and and get rid of a lot more ,junk  i my self have a 1973 14 hp sears suburban a 74 sears suburban a 77 ,massy ferguson 1450 a 65 wheel horse raider 9, 10 hp a 67 wh raider raider 12, 12 hp,i just sold a 63 raider8  8hp , in nice running cond, still cutting grass and running strong hardly any rust at all  on work on it required at all just maybe a new paint job sold it for 350 , bought it for 150 , some elbo rerase and 50 dollers in oil and small parts  and thats all it maxs, value was only 375 un restored,i didnt pay over 150 for any of my oldies but goodies and ther were all running, and i stlii kowr shere i can get more Wheel horses for 150 and under ,all in there lat 60s and early 70s look around people dont be taken in by these junk sellers onlt fools pay400 for something thats only worth 275 , then try to sell it for 600,  the pickers will be stuck with this one just like a lot of there orher stuff for a long time,  did you know they have to usually auction off a lot of their stuff and loose there buts on it, been there done that,and have also talked to these two pickers befor  on motor cycles i had, they will do nay thing to keep there show runnung as they need the money history channel is paying them, so as i said dont be taken in and fooled by this stuff, just because their nuts doesnt mean you should be, junk is junk and only worth junk , not rusty gold as they say, more on this in my next posting , on restoring and the pricses they ask, the other rip off    

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#19 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 06:34 AM

On another note, anyone else seen these HGTV house remodeling shows where a young couple buy $400,000 dollar home that they remodel for $200,000 and end up $50,000 over budget without batting an eye? I thought the house market was still crappy?? And wher the heck are these young couples around my age getting all this money any how?? I would be set for a long time on $650,000....          

Casey they might have a ton of money to spend on a house and remodeling but I bet they don't have cool stuff around their house like you do :thumbs:

#20 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 06:02 PM

TwoEagles, I made you your own thread about all the Wheel Horse info we have been passing back and forth. It's called the "Wheel Horse History" and you can find it in the Wheel Horse forum under tractors by brand on the main forum page. If you can't find it, let me know.
  • TwoEagles said thank you

#21 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 08:54 PM

TwoEagles, I made you your own thread about all the Wheel Horse info we have been passing back and forth. It's called the "Wheel Horse History" and you can find it in the Wheel Horse forum under tractors by brand on the main forum page. If you can't find it, let me know.

WHEEL HORSE??  I thiught we were talking about Ponds and Speedexes!!    :wallbanging:      :D

Here's a link.  http://gardentractor...-horse-history/