#31 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 06:53 PM

There was no grey Bolens!

The color used during this timer period was an off white sort of dull color.

The seat Pan, dash are not original to that chassis

Then where did the gray under the white come from?  It is a long way from a dull off white.  When one gets to much of an "off white;' you get grey.

#32 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,146 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Making some progress. Have the rear axle end play adjusted and the back wheels are back on, though one has a bad belly ache. The one spindle that was seized took a little heat and new grease to get it free. Steering system is free and relatively tight with very little play. Clutch pedal releases the clutch and applies the brake like it is supposed to. Wanted to take the steering wheel of but that is not going to happen. It is froze solid to the shaft, Will have to clean it up and fill the cracks with epoxy on the tractor.

Picked up a motor pulley for $10 but it has one chunk broke out of the engine side of the PTO pulley. I don't plan to use the PTO on this tractor so not a problem at this point. Will do some checking first but think I am ready to set the motor on the frame. Want to measure the distance from the top of the frame to the center of the motor shaft on my 1053 first and set the Chinese motor up the same distance. My have to build spacers, etc. to get it right. Drive belts are bad but hope they hold together enough to try the transmission out before I put more money in it.