Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks much.  Now I kind of have an idea what to look for when I get into mine.  Don't know the numbers of mine as I can't read them any more.  Tag is about gone completely from being outside for 10 years or more.  I found a manual but it is for the newer style.

Rog

http://gardentractor...ster-partslist/

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#17 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hi I have replaced these bearings in the past on my tube frame blower. I am in the process of replacing a set on an eliminator snowcaster which I think may be the same bearings just the flange is different. They are common bearings. The bearing is the only piece you really need. The outer flange can be removed from the old bearing and reused unless you had to destroy them to get it apart which sometimes happens.  I am researching the part numbers. I can post here when I find them or feel free to send me a PM. 

#18 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted December 02, 2014 - 06:31 PM

Got the bearing 1185898 and flange interchanged and now stock them.

I will probably sell them as a set like Bolens originally did.

These ones are an upgrade over the originals and have a grease fitting on them for extended life, should outlast the originals by far!

Special Price to GTT members $ 29.95

• sodisr said thank you

#19 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted December 03, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Got everything I needed to re=assemble my sno caster..  I found the parts at my local Farm and fleet.  ( simular to Tractor Supply  )

This is for the Tube-Frame   snocaster  Model  #  18538-01

The self-aligning sprocket bearing------  Pt. #  SA204-12---   $ 8.99

Inter-change bearings-----------------------AGRI-TEST--- SA204-12

BCA------------NPS-012-RRO

FAFNIR-------RAO12RRB

PEER----------FH204-12

The housing alone                                 P204                     PP204

LP204                   PF204

FS204                   PFL204

PFL204G

#  40 chain            10 FT           $ 11.99

I also went to Applied Industrial Technologies

Their price           Bearing----------------#     FAFN RAO12RR       $23.81

Bearing and flange   #     AMI KHFL204             $27.18

Sprocket                   # Martin-40BS13- 3/4         $16.23

NOW on to putting it all back to gather ... :smilewink: