skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 01:18 PM

I use Lucas diesel treatment but I've never heard of their grease.
How thick does it get when it is below zero outside?

Very nice! Stays almost the same, we do a ton of digging in the winter and the stuff pumps effortless . This is one of the reasons we use it.
  • Cvans said thank you

#107 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,499 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 03:19 PM

I going to have to see if I can locate it around here. Been using the Blue lube from the local COOP but the stuff seems very light in the summer.
Thanks for the information!

#108 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 03:34 PM

Very nice! Stays almost the same, we do a ton of digging in the winter and the stuff pumps effortless . This is one of the reasons we use it.

what type of work do you do Keith if you dont mind me asking?

#109 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted October 14, 2011 - 07:35 PM

At the present time a maintainance machinist . My brothers do logging/lot clearing hence a lot of digging to build roads. Before this, I was the senior development tester at Woods Equipment company for their construction division .

#110 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 05:52 PM

At the present time a maintainance machinist . My brothers do logging/lot clearing hence a lot of digging to build roads. Before this, I was the senior development tester at Woods Equipment company for their construction division .

must have been fun playing with all the Woods equipment. You must have had a lot of backhoe seat time

#111 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Maybe just a little , it was the ultimate dream job for sure!

#112 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted October 16, 2011 - 08:05 PM

Maybe just a little , it was the ultimate dream job for sure!

Great. I play, i mean work with heavy equipment everyday. Starting a new job on the 31st though. It will be all around better then what i have now. Everything just seems to be going in the right direction in my life right now.

#113 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 08:30 AM

Great. I play, i mean work with heavy equipment everyday.

Must be nice. I get to sit in front of a computer at a desk all day. Can't blame anyone but myself as I started the company that my wife and I run. I never really anticipated that it would turn into such a full time desk job though. In this down economy I find we actually spend more (not less) time keeping things going. We have been able to keep all of our employees employed and paid including three special needs people that work for us. We don't always draw a paycheck for ourselves but keeping everyone working is important to us.

The only time I get to 'play' with machines is on the weekend and then I never quite have enough time for the projects that need doing. That said, it sure is great to have you guys with such depth and diversity of machine savvy to rely on for ideas and assistance when it is needed. :worshippy2:

JN
  • mikebramel said thank you

#114 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,499 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 10:32 AM

Boss:
I've always admired people who are willing to step into the business world on their own and can make a go of it. Your work ethics sound wonderful and I hope your employees appreciate your efforts. You folks are the backbone of the country.
Our company also employed special needs people. I can only once remember having to take someone aside and warning them about pestering other people. For the most part these people really appreciate a little attention and a pat on the back. I enjoyed working with them and their upbeat attitudes can be infectious.

#115 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 01:01 PM

Chris,

You are so right about special needs employees. It is pretty rare that any employee would poke their head in the office door and thank you for the job at the end of a work day. That's exactly what we have experienced more than a few times. Our employees are dedicated, reliable and loyal. They may not perform their tasks as fast as full ability people but they make up for it with reliability and quality of work. We make extra effort to tailor their job tasks and work areas to accommodate them and over time the return is there.

We are dedicated to supporting these people because even when times are good they often find it difficult to obtain employment. My wife and I have never worked harder or for less money than we do working in our own business, but the privilege of providing work opportunities like this has its own rewards. I sometimes think many employers are cheating themselves by not making an effort to work with and employ people with special needs.

Right now I am working with a counselor in an attempt to employ a disabled veteran. We are searching for the right candidate and hopefully we will succeed.

JN

#116 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,499 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted October 17, 2011 - 01:54 PM

We were fortunate to have supervisor who had a Downs Syndrome (sp?) child. She was very good at taking these people under her wing and making sure their needs were met. As you said, probably some of the most reliable employees we had.
Good luck with your Veteran Search. I'm sure whoever you choose will be very appreciative.

#117 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted December 03, 2011 - 05:20 PM

not really much of an update. i ordered some more parts.
Decided i didnt like the steering brakes i made. They worked but i didnt like to looks of them. I was going to cut the slot in the frame like the HT's have and move the linkage inside the frame but i wouldnt have a lot of metal left at the rear since the axle housing sits further back on the 1250. I got two hydraulic calipers for a go cart with master cylinders. way overkill but so much nicer.
bolens 091.jpg
turned the power steering valve mount around. i didnt want debris getting caught up in there and rotting the steering tower out so there is a gap at the rear now. ITs easier to remove it if i ever need to service it too
bolens 096.jpg
I made one of these port adapters for that steering valve. i have to make 4 more. The steel hydraulic line gets soldered to the adapter. if you look back in the thread you can see how the adapters are all held in by a thick steel block.
bolens 100.jpg
i got 8 ball ends so i could build (2) 3 point hitches. one for my 1250 and one for the HT20d
bolens 095.jpg
Some stuff that could become the independent rear pto. a shaft will run along the top of the frame rail on the right side of the tractor. it will be driven by a chain from the rear stub shaft on the engine. the other end of the shaft will have a small double groove pulley. 2 belts will drive a larger double groove pulley which is mounted to a 15 spline 1" shaft. An idler pulley with its own lever will engage the rear pto shaft.
Sound like its going to work?
bolens 093.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens 089.jpg
  • bolens 101.jpg
  • bolens 094.jpg
  • bolens 090.jpg

• mikebramel said thank you

#118 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 04:42 PM

Mounted the right side caliper
001.jpg
placed another 3 spool valve where the steering gear used to be. The handles will come up somewhere by the park-neutral-drive lever
I think the brake master cylinders will get mounted above that valve.
006.jpg

Moved the shaft for the rear pto to the left side of the machine inside the frame rail.

004.jpg

Anyone have any idea what im doing because i sure dont?

Attached Thumbnails

• 003.jpg
  • 002.jpg
  • 005.jpg

#119 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 05:18 PM

The rear pto looks like it would work, but wondering how much give the rubber engine mounts have, as it would affect the chain tension....loosening the chain as torque increases. Also, I would be sure to use a heavy duty O-ring type chain for longer life.

#120 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted December 04, 2011 - 05:33 PM

I'd be nervous about spinning a chain at 3600 rpm on those little sprockets? what is going to clutch it ?