• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LA2TN OFFLINE  

LA2TN
  • Member No: 63647
  • 14 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum. My dad passed away this year and he has a 1975 Economy tractor. He bought it brand new in 75 as I remember this tractor well growing up and mowing the yard with it as a kid. The tractor has been sitting in the garage for years and as far as I know still runs. I have the battery charger on it now. I have a small grading blade, a rake, and a rower for it as well as a mower deck. The tractor is near Santa Rosa, CA right now. It has hydraulics and 3 point hitch. I think it has a Kohler engine. I would like to have the tractor but I live in west Tennessee. Would this be a machine that someone would be interested in buying? If so, what would be a fair price for the tractor and all the implements? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• rustyoldjunk and hamman have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,694 Thanks
  • 8,888 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 10:11 PM

First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, my condolences on the loss of your father.

Others will be able to attach a value to it much better than I. Some may do it in Private Messages, which are indicated by a number next to the envelope at the top right of the screen.

We don't have many members from California, which has a higher than average market price for older garden tractors. If you have more pictures of the tractor and the implements, and any more info on the condition and any work done to it, will only help assign a rough estimate value.

With the memories attached to the tractor, have you considered pricing having the tractor shipped to you?

• hamman and HANKG have said thanks

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Welcome aboard!

Fastenal is known to ship pallets of about garden tractor weight for about $250.  You could almost have a tractor in your lap for $600. 

For those memories, I would pay a fortune!

Ben W.

• Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 2 others have said thanks

#4 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 10:55 PM

WELCOME to GTTalk!

#5 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:29 PM

Hi welcome to GT PK forum, sorry for the loss of your Dad, likewise I'd look into having the tractor shipped to your place, I think in a few yrs you will regrate it if you sell it. An do post some pics of the implements.

#6 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:30 PM

Welcome to the forum and I also send my condolences on the loss of your father. As Cat and superaben said, you can have it shipped and leave it in the family for about $ 600. I have my fathers GT and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Think about having it shipped.   Let us know what you decide. There are a lot of guys like Cat and superaben that can help you figure out how to get it shipped.                                                                            Roger  

• Delmar said thank you

#7 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 06:33 AM

Welcome aboard sorry about your dad that is a nice tractor !

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 07:02 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! My condolences also!

Nice looking tractor. Do you have property in TN you could use it on? I'm with the others on having it shipped.

#9 LA2TN OFFLINE  

LA2TN
  • 14 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the input! I would love to have it at my place in TN. I have 1.5 acres so I could use it. Here are some pics of the implements.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• hamman and MNGB have said thanks

#10 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 05:30 PM

Nice attachments I have that same back blade for mine I sure wouldn't mind having a set of those cultivators also.

#11 chuckerfarm2014 OFFLINE  

chuckerfarm2014
  • Member No: 62364
  • 27 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 08:15 PM

If it were me , I would ship to your house. You will regret if you don't!

#12 countryboy88 OFFLINE  

countryboy88
  • Member No: 8702
  • 76 Thanks
  • 131 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 11:22 PM

Welcome to GTT sorry about your dad. Having it shipped would by cheaper than if you tryed to buy one around you and you wouldn't have all the memeries to go with it.

#13 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted December 13, 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hello and welcome to GTtalk!  Glad u found this site.  Great bunch of folks here the same interest...old garden tractors.

Sorry about the loss of your father....sounds like he knew what a good garden tractor is, and he had some great implements for it too.

That PK of your looks like a great one.  There are several ways to get it shipped to your home in Tennessee...just google search shippers, shipping methods, pick up ship to address...find the one that works for you.  Like the others have said, you will miss this old girl if you let her go....keep it in the family....

Edited by Delmar, December 13, 2014 - 12:22 AM.

#14 LA2TN OFFLINE  

LA2TN
  • 14 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've been searching youtube videos on PK tractors and I've gotten a little excited about getting this tractor and making it work again. The memories I have as a kid mowing our 2 acre yard with it in the late 70's has given me motivation to mow with this tractor again. I remember getting it stuck in our ditch and my dad got so mad at my brother and I. And rightly so! He had to pull it out with his truck. I Know my dad would be thrilled about me getting this machine back in working order. I'm sure I'll be asking questions on this forum on a regular basis. Thanks!
  • Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#15 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 985 Thanks
  • 823 posts

Posted December 20, 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm thinking your making the right decision, and by all means ask away. :thumbs: