• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 TokyoDrift99 OFFLINE  

TokyoDrift99
  • Member No: 59603
  • 80 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think it kinda cool, It's impractical, and not something I would ever spend money on, however I admire the creativity. I could care less that he hacked up an original. Sure I'd rather see it kept "original", but there are tons of them out there and it isn't mine, so I'm not too concerned about it. Its just the same as when somebody slams a pickup truck, so the frame touches the ground, or lifts the truck so high you need a ladder to get in, or when someone chops up, and hot rods a rare Ford coupe from the 30's. In the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not yours. 

• superaben and Doxey have said thanks

#17 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 11:27 PM

I think it kinda cool, It's impractical, and not something I would ever spend money on, however I admire the creativity. I could care less that he hacked up an original. Sure I'd rather see it kept "original", but there are tons of them out there and it isn't mine, so I'm not too concerned about it. Its just the same as when somebody slams a pickup truck, so the frame touches the ground, or lifts the truck so high you need a ladder to get in, or when someone chops up, and hot rods a rare Ford coupe from the 30's. In the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not yours. 

I hear you, and I know that deep down I agree.  Its the owner's, and he can darn well do what he wants to it.  However, I just hate to see an old classic like a Cub Original messed up.  There are so few of those compared to a later series Cub. 

I'm also still in love with my Original.  :(

Ben W.