• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 10:11 AM

Here you go:

M 40694 M = 36 1/4" long conduit

M 40693 M = 39 1/4" long control wire

Edited by johndeereelfman, November 29, 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:47 AM

Many times cables are first things bad on a tractor. I have found some can be blasted and oiled and come back to life. Some need a new knob, which most can be found and changed. THEN, there is the times of too short of cables or kinks and you have to repair. I have found many times you can buy a cheapie cable with wrong end, and as long as it is long enough you cab cut the ends off and re-cut and bend as needed to fit your old control. I guess this does not apply to most Choke cables tho, as the metal is built on those pretty good at the knob ends. Think it would be nice to have a "How-to" posting for cable making/repairing on the site.  I find it hard to spread the metal on the lever ends to release the outer case, maybe there is a "trick" for that to make easier. Also making the double bend most wires need at the carb to slip into the holes and stay is tricky. I have seen a special pliers at a shop for making that bed in one squeeze, but haven't seen where common guy can buy one of those. Maybe one cab be made? Think this could be useful info for most of us. I would look for tips as I have trouble making them in any short order, takes a couple tries many times.

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:00 PM

What do these cables look like?

Many times cables are first things bad on a tractor. I have found some can be blasted and oiled and come back to life. Some need a new knob, which most can be found and changed. THEN, there is the times of too short of cables or kinks and you have to repair. I have found many times you can buy a cheapie cable with wrong end, and as long as it is long enough you cab cut the ends off and re-cut and bend as needed to fit your old control. I guess this does not apply to most Choke cables tho, as the metal is built on those pretty good at the knob ends. Think it would be nice to have a "How-to" posting for cable making/repairing on the site.  I find it hard to spread the metal on the lever ends to release the outer case, maybe there is a "trick" for that to make easier. Also making the double bend most wires need at the carb to slip into the holes and stay is tricky. I have seen a special pliers at a shop for making that bed in one squeeze, but haven't seen where common guy can buy one of those. Maybe one cab be made? Think this could be useful info for most of us. I would look for tips as I have trouble making them in any short order, takes a couple tries many times.

I sell bulk throttle wire and cable by the foot. The special Z bend tools for cables are available and I normally stock them as well.

• glgrumpy said thank you

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:15 PM

How much do the "Z" bend tools cost?

#6 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:20 PM

How much do the "Z" bend tools cost?

Consumer versions are only 4.68

#7 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:21 PM

yeah! Me too on the tool!  Can PM me if you wish. Paypal useable?

#8 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Sold my last tool yesterday, but will get more ordered up. If anyone is interested just send me a PM so we dont clog the forums up with for sale posts.