9 replies to this topic

#1 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:50 AM

This has been a project that I have vowed to finish this winter ( I think) . Anyways this has a ton of new parts and I have no excuses for not finishing. Rear end all new with NOS parts except bearings and bushings, they are after market. Robert Mann from Sonny's was a huge help and supplied the parts problem free ( it was '08 thou) I was sorry to read of his hardships. The Sundstrand pump went out for a total rebuild (ouch!) and the engine has everything new in it except the block, crank, jugs, and manifolds. yep new cam, valves, springs, tappets, governor, carb, forged pistons and  rods ( that's right forged) oil pump, heads etc.(double and triple ouch!!) tractor has NOS hydro cooler, custom bent SS hydro lines, powder coated engine tins, battery/gas tank bracket, foot rests, firewall, top heat shield & air cleaner. all new bolts, bushings, bearings, races, & seals. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 000_0012.jpg
  • 000_0013.jpg
  • 000_0014.jpg
  • 100_1242.jpg
  • 100_1255.jpg
  • 100_1917.jpg

• Bill56, blackjackjakexxix, Moosetales and 5 others have said thanks

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:54 AM

more pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2552.jpg
  • 100_2555.jpg
  • 100_2562.jpg
  • 100_2581.jpg
  • 100_2673.jpg
  • 100_2676.jpg

• blackjackjakexxix, sacsr, Moosetales and 4 others have said thanks

#3 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 12:58 AM

more.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2789.jpg
  • 100_2806.jpg
  • 100_3599.jpg
  • 100_3600.jpg
  • img_0300.jpg

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, sacsr and 7 others have said thanks

#4 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 07:58 AM

Looking through the pics, I seen something I covet.

How do you like having a floor drain? Is it hooked into a storm or sanitary line? Or does it daylight outside? Do you have a trap and/or cleanout on it?

• Bolens 1000 and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#5 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 09:07 AM

Looking through the pics, I seen something I covet.

How do you like having a floor drain? Is it hooked into a storm or sanitary line? Or does it daylight outside? Do you have a trap and/or cleanout on it?

Trapped, ran into storm drain , with a clean out outside because of how it intersects into my drains.
  • Cat385B and Traill95 have said thanks

#6 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 664 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 09:13 AM

That's very nice  that's alot of work i know i am almost done with mine . Please let us see it when it is all finish.

• blackjackjakexxix and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#7 Rainier ONLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 376 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 02:02 PM

This has been a project that I have vowed to finish this winter ( I think) . Anyways this has a ton of new parts and I have no excuses for not finishing. Rear end all new with NOS parts except bearings and bushings, they are after market. Robert Mann from Sonny's was a huge help and supplied the parts problem free ( it was '08 thou) I was sorry to read of his hardships. The Sundstrand pump went out for a total rebuild (ouch!) and the engine has everything new in it except the block, crank, jugs, and manifolds. yep new cam, valves, springs, tappets, governor, carb, forged pistons and  rods ( that's right forged) oil pump, heads etc.(double and triple ouch!!) tractor has NOS hydro cooler, custom bent SS hydro lines, powder coated engine tins, battery/gas tank bracket, foot rests, firewall, top heat shield & air cleaner. all new bolts, bushings, bearings, races, & seals.

Where did you send your hydro for repair? I may be needing some of that?

#8 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 06:38 PM

Where did you send your hydro for repair? I may be needing some of that?

Hydrostatict Transmission Repair LLC  Tupelo MS . Pricey but supposed to be good, can't tell you cause I haven't run it yet. BJ Hydraulics in MI told me they no longer rebuild them but put me in contact with who they recommended, (close to their area if I remember)  sorry can't find that info, I'll try to look asap. Have another place I'll post the info Monday if you want

• Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and Sawdust have said thanks

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Hydrostatict Transmission Repair LLC  Tupelo MS . Pricey but supposed to be good, can't tell you cause I haven't run it yet. BJ Hydraulics in MI told me they no longer rebuild them but put me in contact with who they recommended, (close to their area if I remember)  sorry can't find that info, I'll try to look asap. Have another place I'll post the info Monday if you want

Did you talk to the old man at BJ if you did how long ago was it I just seeing if he is still around?  I have not talked to him in years.

#10 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,519 Thanks
  • 734 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 07:29 AM

Did you talk to the old man at BJ if you did how long ago was it I just seeing if he is still around?  I have not talked to him in years.

Can't say if he was the "old man" or not , but whoever it was steered me to the other place phone number and all , that place (still have to look for ) said "put in a box send it out , we'll tear it down give you an estimate and go from there"  sounds fair. Place in Tupelo was a set price for a total rebuild

• Sawdust said thank you