• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 997 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yea that's what I'm thinking and I've heard we aren't going to get much snow until Feb or Mar But I can wait :dancingbanana:  I sure hope they are right.

#17 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • Member No: 40
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 01:45 PM

I just picked up a Cenex tractor yesterday. Looks a lot like this one other than it has an 11hp Briggs single and came with a 38" deck.

• MNGB said thank you

#18 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 997 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi RAJ, is it a hydro or gear drive? I sold the one I had last summer, couple of young guys came up and got it but didn't want the snowblower so if you have any interest in one I have one I'd sell plus a 44" deck

Got any pics to post?

• RAJ said thank you

#19 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 02:28 PM

It is a Hydro. I did make a new thread with some pictures. I don't know if 11hp would be enough for a 44" deck but that's not to say the 11 will run forever either. I'd say the Hydro will outlast even the venerable 11hp Briggs. Don't have much use for a blower since I use a tractor with a loader for moving snow but I'd still be interested. It would be easier to sell eventually if it were even more versatile.

Did those two young fellows want it for racing or something? Why wouldn't they want the attachments?

#20 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 997 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hi RAJ, I don't know what they wanted it for but I think that was their plan I asked but they were pretty vague just said they wanted for running around. Yeas the hydro in those machine are awesome and the one I had was very responsive, it was kind of interesting that the youg fellow didn't know anything about a hydro when he test drove he was using the clutch I explained that you didn't need to use the clutch that it was like an automatic he tried that and got a big smile on his face and away they went with it. 

• RAJ said thank you

#21 RAJ OFFLINE  

RAJ

JMC fan

• Contributor
  • 302 Thanks
  • 318 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hi RAJ, I don't know what they wanted it for but I think that was their plan I asked but they were pretty vague just said they wanted for running around. Yeas the hydro in those machine are awesome and the one I had was very responsive, it was kind of interesting that the youg fellow didn't know anything about a hydro when he test drove he was using the clutch I explained that you didn't need to use the clutch that it was like an automatic he tried that and got a big smile on his face and away they went with it. 

The guy I bought mine from was doing the same thing with the clutch. I was actually worried that he was going to run into something as we were trying to get it loaded onto my pickup.  I've sold some Simplicity mowers with the hand hydro on the dash that have a neutral-return when you push the brake. One guy was trying to "shift" it during a test-drive. It is almost painful to watch someone making a hydro so difficult to drive.

• TheFarm2004 said thank you