gilson rare restoration help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Montgomeryluv15 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 49533
  • 38 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hello, all my names Kyle im 16 from michigan and i have a 1980 Montgomery Wards (Gilson) Garden tractor its Gear drive i bought it 2 years ago took it apart then left it for about half a years i finally came back to it to restore it and get it going again.

When, i bought it the guy took the engine and scrapped it so i was left off with a complete tractor but no engine and 3 attachments

All of the attachment are 42" (42" Snow Blower, Rear Tiller w/PTO Shaft, and a 42" Mower deck) i need the Gas tank and a New 

( OEM or reproduction) Decals set for the tractor and attachments

Please, help me i have a Part time job i do Online schooling (3-5 hrs a day) and 4 other Projects I will give you my facebook and phone number because thats where im on at Most +1 6one6-510-five784 Facebook https://www.facebook...m/kj.hoffmeyer 

If, you know ANYONE who collects or if you do Please Comment (Facebook GTalk or Txt me) Im pretty sure they Rare tractors.

Please send your friend a message telling them i need help im pretty lost on where to get parts i've searched almost everywhere on Ebay and Craigslist. IF i don't complete it. It will be SOLD because i need to get these other project DONE! 

Thanks, all for looking at my post Comment below, Txt me +1 6one6-510-five784 or add me on facebook -Kyle Hoffmeyer- 

Edited by KennyP, November 29, 2014 - 05:15 AM.

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#2 tater195 OFFLINE  

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,252 Thanks
  • 891 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Gilson made the ford YT series back around that time, so that might be one more angle to find the tank. I am not saying it will fit , only something to check out. 

As for posting your phone number and other info, be prepared for a major onslaught of spam and telemarketers from the bots scanning the net for phone numbers

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,600 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 05:16 AM

I fixed the phone #'s for you!

#4 toppop52 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54420
  • 3,212 Thanks
  • 3,198 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 11:00 AM

If yours is the steel tank with 2 metal straps, I have a good one. It's yours for the shipping, just let me know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gilson, rare, restoration, help