16 replies to this topic

#16 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 11:32 AM

My first "garage" was an old 2-horse trailer, a big step up from the screen porch, which was also a step up from the mud room where i first kept my tool box.  Well the first place i kept my tool box was in back of my pickup but someone stole it once when i was in the field.

When i outgrew the horse trailer i got a 10x12 shed, almost felt like luxury when i cut in a window.

Now i have a single-car garage.  Fits all my stuff that needs to be inside.   Can fit the wife's car inside before a storm so i can plow easier.

My truck will about half fit into the garage for repairs.  Rest of the time i'm working on bikes, my sled, or a gt in there.

I keep my stuff in working order during the warm months as there's no heat out there so winter i just use it for emergency repairs.

A small garage keeps taxes down and prevents me from "accumulating" too much stuff.  As i get older i see more guys selling off their collections b/c of age or the economy.  Neither of which is looking to improve any time soon.  Or worse, guys die and their prized, sweated-over collections get sold off by their kids or auction houses for next to nothing.  As if a lifetime of collecting and restoring becomes a burden to the survivors.

"Yea i labored by the burden of the yoke, and collected unto myself myriad treasures by the sweat of my brow, and still it came to me, that under the sun, all is vanity by the light of the old Cub Cadet sign sputtering fitfully in the corner."

#17 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 11:41 AM

I needed more space so i got one of those cheesy 12+20 sheds in a box from tractor supply for 300 bucks to keepmy mustang in temporary. I figured it would last a year that was 9 years ago. I did the cover after 5 years. They shipped a new one 115. Cant complain about that for the price
  • propane1 said thank you