• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 08:11 PM

It turned out to be about 20 cm of water laden snow. So I did not even think about taking mf14 out with plow. It would be useless. So I took out the lgt165 with blower. Motor was done this spring and the blower had some work done to it. No upgrades just fixing things on the blower. Worked great. That wet snow was moving like it was not wet snow, no brake down. Yahoo, for now. Noel.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,704 Thanks
  • 8,894 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Heart attack snow?
  • propane1 said thank you

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Is it over now?

#4 fogler12538 OFFLINE  

fogler12538
  • Member No: 59557
  • 254 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 08:22 PM

We ended up with 14" heavy wet snow. Lost power again. It was really difficult to move. Surprisingly the 1886 with blower did better than the ht20 with plow. After clearing a path to the poll for the generator I sent my son out to start the generator and plug it in. The generator ran for about 20 minutes before it quit. When I went out to take a look I found it siezed. Unfortunately my son didn't check the oil before he started it.
  • JDBrian and propane1 have said thanks

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 09:20 PM

We ended up with 14" heavy wet snow. Lost power again. It was really difficult to move. Surprisingly the 1886 with blower did better than the ht20 with plow. After clearing a path to the poll for the generator I sent my son out to start the generator and plug it in. The generator ran for about 20 minutes before it quit. When I went out to take a look I found it siezed. Unfortunately my son didn't check the oil before he started it.

That's the wrong time to see that happen!  What a bummer.  Didn't it have a low oil shutdown in place?

Ben W.

#6 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that about the engine. Yes , Will, snow had stopped. I may take to Mf 14 out tomorrow nite and do some clean up. Depends on weather. Can't stand the cold much any more. Noel.
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#7 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 11:13 PM

Ouch! That hurt! Got power back yet?

#8 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 11:25 PM

Ouch ! looks like a rebuild is needed.

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 28, 2014 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to hear that. Well, at least it's Black Friday and there should be lots of deals around on a new generator.