• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thadscub OFFLINE  

thadscub

• Member No: 1913
  • 69 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 12:02 AM

i need new tires for my cub cadet 122 and found a good deal on 4ply deestone turfs wondering if they were good before i spend the money

thanks thad

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 12:21 AM

Deestons are usually an inch or more lower in height compared to better tires like Carlisle. They are still a good quality tire for the price. I forgot to add I bought a pair of their 23x10x12 Ag's for my MF12 but since their about 22" high I think I'll put them on my Sears SS15. I also bought a Bolens H16 that the PO put new 16x6.50x8 turfs on the front....look pretty good.

Edited by Sawdust, November 27, 2014 - 01:23 AM.

• Alc and thadscub have said thanks

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 03:36 AM

Things you need to be cautious of with deestone / nanco tires. They are a good tire for the money, but you get what you pay for, like anything else. If you need a tire that holds air and rolls and have a tight budget, deestone / nanco tires are what I consider entry level. Like said they are slightly undersized (as all tires) but they are the most undersized comparatively. But what would you expect if you try to save money, they had to cut costs somewhere too. If you want more rubber, you must throw down more greenbacks for Carlisle or goodyears, or any other higher quality tire. Now, the upside is is deestone / nanco make great tri rib tires for the front of your garden tractor, and the front tires are not as criticized for being slightly undersized. Now, if you plan to put deestones / nancos on your Farmall or power king, I would advise against it. I have 4.00-12 deestone / nanco tri ribs on my Farmall cub, and after 10 years of limited use, they are dry cracked and getting bad. I put the front blade on the cub for the heck of it this year and this past weekend I put the front up on jack stands for the winter (a first for sure) because I will be lucky to get another year or so out of them. Now, in those tires defense, they are in the sun a lot, but they served the need 10 years ago when the cub needed all four tires just to use. Now, back on topic. If you are looking for turf tires, buy the deestones, if you need lug tires, get carlisles if you can, or atv tires even. Now, I will offer you a nice alternative. What size are you shopping for in turf tires for your 122? I have some 23x10.50-12 turfs laying all around, and they are in good condition. Older tires but will still provide years of service. Two are off a 1990 craftsman and two are off an old cub cadet. They would all need tubes as I have never seen them aired up.
  • MH81 and Alc have said thanks

#4 thadscub OFFLINE  

thadscub

• 69 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 03:53 AM

i need 23x8.50x12 i want ones that are more than 2 ply

#5 thadscub OFFLINE  

thadscub

• 69 Thanks