Garden Tractor Forums banner

Ice Melt Contest-Spring Will Get Here!

3K views 55 replies 18 participants last post by  MH81 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's right, it's time to start up the "4th Annual, When will it fall through the ice contest"!!!

Well actually it's, get ready to guess time. Don't start posting your entries until the tractor

gets out on the ice. At that time, I'll start up a thread in the Site Supporter Forum.

For those of you not familiar with the contest here is some light reading, with links to even

more light reading. As you can see it's good fun, and something to think about, other than

winter.

Today I pulled the tractor back up, out of the pond. With the snow we had last week, this whole

thing almost didn't happen this year.

Snow Tree Freezing Sky Biome

Thank goodness we had that big rain on Monday, to

knock the snow and ice down.

Sky Building Snow Tree Cloud

I had to bust up the ice a bit, to find the rope I left tied to it last winter.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant
Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Wood Freezing

Thar she blows!

Snow Road surface Asphalt Slope Wood

And there she is back on land.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Snow

Just like last year, about 15 little sunfish fell out of the carcass.

Plant Organism Wood Vegetation Bedrock

And here she sits, waiting to get dragged out on to the ice, once it's thick

enough.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Snow Plant

Lets see if we can set a new record for number of participants. Sign up to be a site supporter, and get your

entry in when the time comes.

Thanks, and have fun.

EDIT: No fishes were harmed!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
That's sad to disrupt someone's home like that! Did you eat the fishes? I'll play along, I guess! :smilewink:

Reactions: IamSherwood
#20 ·
. . . or if you want to mess with people, you could hide a flotation device under it.

Okay, I'm no help here! I'm going over and see Think is posting for a caption.
I don't have time for that. Last year I spent a fair bit of time, protecting it from the air

strike that Cat was calling in, and the massive concrete block that DH1 (Doug) was

try to drop on it. :smilewink:

#25 ·
I still haven't gotten my money back. Damn Canadian Air Force, they're unreliable. Both of them.
They got two? Pilots or planes?

#26 ·
I still haven't gotten my money back. Damn Canadian Air Force, they're unreliable. Both of them.
They got two? Pilots or planes?
It's too late for this year, but be prepared next year. We've looked at the member map, and

know where you live. We will be sending ALL of our geese on a flight path directly over your

homes/cars and tractors next year. Have you ever seen the mess 800,000,000,000 geese

can make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.