18 replies to this topic

#16 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,153 Thanks
  • 4,566 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 05:13 PM

First off-   :driving_big_tractor:   Welcome aboard Cookie!!

Yes, as mentioned above it depends greatly on the type and flavor of the 'POP'  

Was it a Champagne cork pop or Coke or Pepsi??    :brain_fart:    :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

The Kohler bible (service manual) is available online for my kind of price-  FREE!  D/L and save it to your H/D..  It makes great reading to soothe you after a stressful day of wondering what the heck happened to your tractor!   :reading_the_manual:

I may have just been a backfire from poor fuel or bad points or condenser for all you know unless there is an oil puddle under it..  

Check for compression to rule out a busted rod..  Check spark next then move on to fuel..  All I got..  

• cookie30 said thank you

#17 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,200 Thanks
  • 1,442 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 06:05 PM

If you have a messed up governor & no compression, you may have broken a camshaft or a have a stuck valve stem.  Doesn't have to be a connecting rod.

• cookie30 said thank you

#18 cookie30 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 63057
  • 3 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 01:04 PM

well I did a motor swap on the 122 purred like a kitten. Then it wasnt charging so I got a voltage regulator and now it is running and charging fine. I went to move it out of the building and it wont go foward or backwards, the brakes are stuck on it. so now I am going to have to tear into them. It is never ending.

#19 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,251 Thanks
  • 29,700 posts

Posted January 02, 2015 - 03:10 PM

It is never ending.

Welcome to my world!  :smilewink:   But some days end up good.  Hope the brakes are an easy fix.