10 replies to this topic

#1 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Hi Folks,

I have a snow thrower for my B112 and I have a few questions. It is actually a Simplicity Red and White attachment. I can't seem to find the exact model. The one I have has a couple of blocks with springs behind them that basically go over the front axel. I am wondering how these should be adjusted and what they are supposed to do. The manual I have does not have these blocks, instead there is a cut out in the frame that obviously fits over the axle. The Parts manual I have for the 42" snow thrower is identical except for these mounting differences. Can anyone point me to the Operators manual  for this unit.

Thanks

#2 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 05:18 PM

Sounds like you have the wrong hitch for a B112. They definitely use the hitch with an axle cutout and pins. Never heard of springs and blocks on any Sim/AC blower for the older tractors.Might be set up for a newer model like a Legacy but I have no experience with those....Dave

Edited by B10Dave, November 26, 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:31 PM

Steve, any chance of a set of pictures to see what you see?

#4 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi Mh 81,

Here are the pictures of the blocks. If you look close you will see the springs compressed under the nuts. I hope everybody had a great turkey! I am off to make some gravy soon.

block 1.JPG block 2.JPG block 3.JPG

• MH81 and mrmd have said thanks

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Steve,

The blocks and compressed springs are for the drive belt/ pulley cover, the prior owner might have tighten down the nuts to keep from vibrating loose and falling off.

I am sure someone will be along with a picture of the set up. Remind me tomorrow to photograph mines if needed.

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 09:21 PM

Couple pics of the cover in place.  The last one kinda shows a bit closer, how the spring-loaded clips keep the cover in place.

20130124_083159.jpg20130513_201743.jpg

20130514_134523.jpg

• Cat385B said thank you

#7 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 10:58 PM

OK, I see. I do not have the cover. I still am wondering about my frame having no notch to go over the front axel. Can anyone point me to the operators manual for the blower?

#8 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Steve the notch does not "go over" the axle. The pics you provided show the hitch properly installed. The only thing wrong in your pics are the latch pieces which secure the belt cover.You can see the ones on my hitch in the proper configuration. I have a belt cover but choose not to use it. I can see belt condition easier without it being installed. The hitch frame has a slot cut in each side piece which is the same dimension as the axle. It slides onto the axle and the rear pieces of the hitch pin into the holes where you put the deck attaching pins. Here are some pics of my set up on my BigTen. Hope these are helpful...Dave

hitch2.jpg  hitch3.jpg  hitch4.jpg

hitch5.jpg

Steve; I took another look at your pics. The mounting pins do not go at the front of the axle. The horizontal pieces of the hitch extend rearward and line up with the holes where the deck pins go. That is the proper place to pin the hitch on. If you need a pic of this I can take one for you.If you look closely in my first pic you can see the left pin in the correct hole behind the axle and below the steering link end.....Dave

Edited by B10Dave, November 30, 2014 - 07:38 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#9 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 12:22 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. My blower actually uses 4 pins. 2 where the mower deck attaches and the other 2 which you can see in my photos.

As I said before, I have no notch in the frame to slide over the front axel. Think this is a later version blower?

#10 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 12:26 PM

I will remove the cover block and try to get a better picture later tonight.

#11 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 05:24 PM

Steve; your hitch uprights with no slot have me baffled. The hitch on my setup in the pics I posted is correct for all the single belt blowers on B series tractors. I wonder if a previous owner of the blower and hitch modified it to go on something else. Far as I know it needs notch and only uses 2 rear pins.As you can see on Josh's pic of the weedcutter it also used same hitch. Perhaps you should pose this question on simpletractors.com and see if anyone on that site knows...Dave

Edited by B10Dave, December 01, 2014 - 05:31 PM.