#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 09:50 AM

I haven't been able to connect to Craigslist for several days now.  I understand they were hacked over the weekend, but back up in most areas by now.  I watch Kansas City, St Louis, Omaha & some others in the area.

When I try KC CL this is what I get:  

"The server at kansascity.craigslist.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

I've also tried Firefox & IE with no results, tried clearing cache & restart with no help either.  Even tried going through Search Tempest.  Any ideas?  ~~  Lowell

Edited by grnspot110, November 26, 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:19 AM

I can get it here in Atlanta.

#3 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:36 AM

i just got the kc one to load up it might be some of your internet settings 

Click windows button --- type cmd --- on the shortcut, right click and Run as Admin -- type ipconfig /flushdns press enter

click windows button --- Control panel --- under Network and Internet click View network status and tasks -- upper left click change adapter settings -- right click on your connection, Local area connection is if you're wired, Wireless Network Connection if wireless --- click Properties -- click to highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 --- click Properties button -- click Use the following DNS server addresses and in the boxes type 208.67.222.222 as Preferred and 208.67.220.220 as Alternate -- click OK, Close and close network connections -- reboot your computer and try it.

Those 2 things flushed all DNS entries in your DNS cache and then we changed the default DNS servers to OpenDNS servers, some of the best out there. Report back what happens for you.

maybe try this 

• grnspot110 and Cat385B have said thanks

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,921 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Maybe your telephone repair-man friend has been unhooking wires again.....  :poke:

• superaben said thank you

#5 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 05:14 PM

i just got the kc one to load up it might be some of your internet settings 

Click windows button --- type cmd --- on the shortcut, right click and Run as Admin -- type ipconfig /flushdns press enter

click windows button --- Control panel --- under Network and Internet click View network status and tasks -- upper left click change adapter settings -- right click on your connection, Local area connection is if you're wired, Wireless Network Connection if wireless --- click Properties -- click to highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 --- click Properties button -- click Use the following DNS server addresses and in the boxes type 208.67.222.222 as Preferred and 208.67.220.220 as Alternate -- click OK, Close and close network connections -- reboot your computer and try it.

Those 2 things flushed all DNS entries in your DNS cache and then we changed the default DNS servers to OpenDNS servers, some of the best out there. Report back what happens for you.

maybe try this 

I've done the "command prompt", came up "successful".

The second process, My "control panel" has "Network & sharing" or "Internet Options", can't find "Network and Internet "!

#6 nbent OFFLINE  

nbent

customizer

• Member No: 8320
  • 628 Thanks
  • 520 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 10:26 PM

i would think it would be under internet options

#7 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 29, 2014 - 07:50 AM

Back up now!

I called our provider's "tech support" yesterday, went through several tests & he told me there was a problem but he wasn't sure what.  He put me on hold for a bit while he did further research, when he came back on, he said it was the provider's problem, not on my end.  Just then the CL page I had on to read him the error code came up, problem solved.  Thanks!

Now I can "browse" again!   :D