• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hi all., anyone know what the size / PN is of the hydraulic quick coupler used on the PK FEL bucket tilt hoses? They are 3/8" NPT and the coupler body's seem to be 1/4" like Meyer snow plow couplers but are not the same. I've looked locally but haven't come up with anything yet.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 09:49 PM

Don't believe they ever had quick couplers when new, someone added those.  Got to a farm store and check out most popular and buy ALL the parts again, so you can change one anytime you wish with ease.  JD dealers might have some smaller ones, but would think you would need to buy ALL the parts new again there, and be more $$.  Think there are many that are "Universal" now and even take diff types of males in there female fittings, might be best bet.

• MNGB said thank you

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted November 25, 2014 - 11:33 PM

Hi glgrumpy, you maybe right about them not having quick couplers originally, I looked over the owners manual and parts list and could find no mention of them. I'm wanting to find the smaller couplers because I'm installing a hyd cylinder on the plow blade for angling and just want to do a quick couple and not change all the couplers, I'm thinking the reason fore the 2 sizes is they can not but connect wrong when installing the loader arms and bucket. I pnly looked at the local Fleet Farm store will have to check others.

#4 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 06:43 AM

Are you using the PK snow blade option like the one I have ? Even if your not maybe you could copy their  design of locking one cylinder to the frame and use the other for angle , though the cylinder that's used for angling has swivels built in the hose ends when might be hard to fine too

http://gardentractor...oadersnow-plow/

• MNGB said thank you

#5 Dave Central NY OFFLINE  

Dave Central NY
  • Member No: 27835
  • 106 Thanks
  • 92 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 08:12 AM

You can find any couplers or other hydraulics you need right here.    and the prices are about as good as it gets.

• MNGB said thank you

#6 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,020 Thanks
  • 840 posts

Posted November 26, 2014 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, Alc, no I'm using a plow blade I had laying around, its working good but has a manual angle and since its not snowing I have time on my hands to get into trouble :D , I ordered a new hyd cylinder from Surplus Center 8" stroke $100.00 with shipping. I learned this morning at the coffee round table that the couplers I'm looking for lawn & garden tractor couplers (I think) I just need a sinfle couple to put on the angling cylinder then its good to go.

Hey Dave, I think something got left out??

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks